Chapter 17

"Jagi! You're awake," Heejin said, a sickly-sweet grin plastered on her face.

His eyes adjusted to the dark room. There was little to notice: the room was barren, save the chair he was sitting on. Hoshi tried to wriggle his arms but they stayed tight by his sides. Correction: the chair he was tied to.

"Where am I? Heejin, what is this?" he asked, panic in his voice.

"Oh, nothing. Just a... precautionary measure. You won't believe how long it took me to heave you out of there, I was about to faint halfway through the corridor. Ugh, why do you have to be so muscly? God, that's so sexy-" she heaved herself onto him. He tried to shake her off, kicking her with his untied feet. She stood back up.

"I'm serious. What the hell is going on?"

"Oh it's nothing, don't worry," she booped his nose like one would a pet's. Hoshi felt the immediate urge to hurl. "I just have to keep you here for a little bit, so everything blows over. Wouldn't you mind that, honey?"

"Get me the fuck out of here!" he yelled, thrashing against his restraints.

"Oh come on now. It's just me! When have I ever done anything to hurt you?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe when you drugged me with a fucking anesthetic?" he responded sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes at his remark. "Should've given you a larger dose, maybe then I'd have some peace,"

"Why are you doing this?"

"Oh, Soonyoung- I've just been so in love with you. Ever since your debut, with those chubby cheeks and 10:10 eyes - could you blame me for being so hopelessly obsessed? All I ever wanted was for you to notice me. I never won fansigns and couldn't get good seats, but I knew I had to talk to you, show you how much I love you," she mused. The caring girlfriend he had known suddenly transformed into something twisted and disgusting.

"So you do that by manipulating me?"

"You make it seem like a bad thing, and besides, you were happy, weren't you? We were happy. All until that skank Jang-mi came along and ruined it all-"

"What does Jang-mi have to do with any of this?"

"Honey, you have to understand. I couldn't bear to see you with another woman, especially one so hell-bent on ruining your life. Can't you see, her asking you to the coffee shop was just meant to be a setup to ruin your career? That snake," Heejin spat, furrowing her brows in concern.

"You're delusional. And besides, it wasn't even her that asked to go for coffee. I approached her first," he defiantly retorted.

Heejin froze. "What?" she said in disbelief.

"That's right, Heejin. She did nothing," Hoshi continued. He finally began to realize how stupid it all was. The grudges, the intentional ignorance. It made him feel awful, but he couldn't even express that to her anymore. If he had any guesses on what Heejin was doing-

"So you did it?" she half-whispered. "You were the one cheating on me with another woman?" her voice rose to a crescendo.

"Cheating on you? This was months before we ever met!"

"No! You told me you loved me. All those vlogs and lives... were they all just lies? Did you not love me??"

Hoshi was dumbfounded. "Heejin, all of that is fanservice. Don't tell me you didn't know that,"

"NO! You love me! Me alone, and no one else. That's why Jang-mi had to be taught a lesson. I thought once would be enough to deter her from ever approaching you, but that bitch never learns. She just had to keep coming back again and again,"