Chapter 19

"So the two of you are now... together together?" Dino asked.

Jang-mi curtly nodded, feeling Hoshi's hand slowly slide into hers. She suppressed a smile.

"It's been a long time coming," Jun sighed, watching Jang-mi cradle into Hoshi on the couch.

Dino snorted. "Oh yeah. Like, waay too long. Jang-mi, you know when hyung made us read you-" he was stopped mid-sentence by a very precise pillow blow to the stomach from Hoshi, causing the younger to wince in pain and retreat back into the chair he was sitting on.

"Oh?" She playfully smirked. "Tell me about it next practice, when he's too busy yelling out corrections," she prodded Hoshi in the rib, earning a wink from Dino.

"War is over," Vernon exclaimed as Hoshi moved a strand of Jang-mi's hair out of the way.

"In that case, we can go on double dates now! I'm sure Mira would love that, right?" she smiled, facing Dino.

Seungkwan hoarsely choked on his sandwich. "How'd she find out?" he asked, his question muffled by the bread stuffing his mouth.

Jang-mi rolled her eyes. "For your information, I've known Mira longer than some of you here, so it's no surprise that I was one of the first to find out about your little dates," she proudly explained.

"But- the NDA?" Minghao chimed in.

"She's a lawyer, she'll be fine," Jang-mi brushed off the comment, confident in Mira's loophole-identifying abilities. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna be presented with one next. I'll call her up in a minute.

"But, no more of that Instagram stuff," Joshua chimed in.

"Yes. Please, no more Instagram stuff," Jang-mi parroted. Hoshi beamed at her. He was hopelessly in love, you could see it from a mile away. And Jang-mi found it absolutely adorable. This was a side of Hoshi she wasn't privy to until very recently: the loving, compassionate side.

"We're gonna go on a walk now," Hoshi stood up, taking Jang-mi's hand into his. "Dinner's at 8?"

The rest nodded, watching the two lovebirds depart.

**

"Soonyoung, it's freezing," Jang-mi stuttered, wrapping herself deeper into her thick woolen scarf.

"I know, I know. Just bear with me a moment," Hoshi responded, leading her deeper up the fire escape staircase. It was dark inside, but he made sure she wouldn't trip. The pair quickly arrived at an unassuming door.

"The manager tipped me off to this place. It's got one of the best views around, apparently," he beamed, courteously opening the door.

Exiting, Jang-mi let out a gasp. A sprawling cityscape stood in front of her, one unlike she'd ever seen before. The dying light of the sun exuded bright hues of red and orange, painting the sky in a beautiful watercolor tapestry. Skyscrapers stretched high above the sunset as if yearning to touch the wispy clouds above. Tears began to well in Jang-mi's eyes.

"Jagi? Is everything okay?" he asked, concerned. He removed his hand from his glove to gently wipe her eye.

"No no, everything is fine. It's perfect. It's just-" she gulped down the lump in her throat. "It's so beautiful," she said. "And I know it's something so stupid to cry about. I've never seen a view like this before," she admitted.

"It's okay. You can cry as much as you want, I'll always be here for you," he responded genuinely. Gently pulling her by the arm, he arrived at a beautifully decorated pair of chairs overlooking the skyline.