Chapter 22

Jang-mi felt like she had just been punched in the gut by a professional boxer with a personal vendetta. Tears began to well in her eyes, but she was too dazed to notice or care. The manager's words replayed like an unrelenting CD in her head.

Break up.

Fired from HYBE.

Hoshi hugged her tightly, his whisper in her ear a light breeze.

"I'll take care of this, don't worry," he said, his tone gentle.

He quickly straightened out, clearing his throat. "And what gives you the authority to make these decisions? As far as I'm aware, all you can do is manage the group,"

The manager rolled his eyes. "Listen, Kwon, I was talking to the CEO when you were doing the live. These are his orders and there's nothing you can do,"

"No. I demand to talk to him," Hoshi growled.

"He's busy. We'll get Jang-mi on a plane back by tomorrow, and this better be the last I see of the two of you," the manager responded authoritatively.

Hoshi was beginning to lose his cool. It was as if someone had lit a fuse inside of him, a fuse that was very rapidly burning up. He was a ticking time-bomb, and the countdown had just ended; without warning, he lunged for the manager, grabbing him by the collar and smashing him into a wall, the older man wincing in pain from the impact.

"Now listen here, you little shit," Hoshi yelled. "You have no right to do this. You can't just walk around here acting all high and mighty just to make something of your meaningless existence. Connect me to the CEO right fucking now, or else-"

"Help! Security!" the manager worriedly shouted through Hoshi's glare. Soon, two huge security guards wrestled Hoshi away, him writhing like a rag doll inside their iron grips.

"Don't try anything, Kwon. I have more authority over you than you can ever imagine,"

**

Teary-eyed, Jang-mi stood in front of the passport control desks. Facing her were S.Coups, Hoshi and Dino, as well as some of the dancers including Hana and Saeyeon.

"I'll miss you so much," Hana hugged Jang-mi forcefully, the latter feeling like her insides were about to explode from the strain.

"Don't worry. When you get back we can catch up,"

"I know, but it's not the same,"

"There's nothing we can do about it now," Jang-mi sighed, her friend finally letting go. She didn't want to believe her own words, but this is real life. There are never true happy endings. It doesn't work like that.

But after meeting Hoshi, she always wished it did.

She smiled bittersweetly at the members, all of them bearing solemn expressions on their faces. Coups was the first to walk up to her.

"I'm sorry more of the members couldn't come. They all tried to, especially Jun, but the manager said 3 was already too many," he said, locking her in a bear hug.

"It's okay. I appreciate you all being here," she sniffled.

Dino was next. He walked over, briefly hugging Jang-mi.

"If I ever need someone to help out with my Danceology, I know where to go," he said, assuredly gazing Jang-mi in the eyes.

"You bet," she managed through the tears.

"You're amazing, Jang-mi. Never forget that, okay?"

She nodded in response.

Hoshi was last. She could see he was trying to hold himself together for her sake, but as they locked lips, she could feel him starting to cry. She placed her arms over his neck, deepening the kiss. She didn't care that they were in a public place anymore.