Chapter 12

An ungrateful bitch.

Yes, it still stung, and yes, he was being extremely unreasonable. Jang-mi sighed in frustration. Why was he so impulsive? She had asked him not to aggravate the situation further, but he decided to go ahead of his own accord and do just that without listening to her, then getting upset at her when she called him out on it.

She also knew she reacted too harshly. Nerves were high, her earlier briefing with the CEO not helping to diffuse the situation. At least the legal parts of the matter were resolved quickly.

Two months had gone by since the incident, Jang-mi's routine sticking in like a gears in a clock. Wake up, breakfast, get ready, practice. Get home, study, eat, sleep. Stay awake for 3 hours mulling over everything. It was not the most comfortable way of life, but it did the job.

She had also grown much closer to the members, as some of the dancers she had befriended told her they had. They were truly like a family by that point. Especially with S.Coups, who had supported her through much of the legal proceedings.

Cheol

17:35 Dinner at mine at 8?

you're quite the forward one 17:36

17:36 Not alone, you idiot
            Seungkwan's coming too

aw man and here i was thinking you were asking me out 17:36

17:37 In your dreams, gim (dried seaweed) hair

smh. i washed my hair today 17:37

17:37 I could probably fry a whole chicken with the amount of oil in there

you will not survive dinner. 17:37

17:37 I'll make sure to hide the knives then

With a few hours to kill before her newly formed dinner plans, Jang-mi ventured outside to do some shopping before the tour kicked off in 5 days. It would be a lengthy endeavor, at least a few days in each stop and around 3 months total away from home. She found it exciting.

Having traveled modestly throughout her youth, this was an experience that would surely leave quite the impression on her with the sheer amount of countries and places they'd be visiting. It would probably just be standard for the boys, already seasoned professionals with the large amount of tours they'd undertaken - but to her, this was a whole new world.

The past few days, Hoshi had doubled down on their rehearsals that now spanned a minimum of 6 hours. It was no longer about polishing transitions or rehearsing formations. Now, it was all about his endeavor of perfection for the audience - an admirable pursuit, but one that came at the expense of everyone's sanity. Especially hers, as he quite explicitly refused to cast his gaze anywhere around a meter radius of her, causing quite the comical setup; it was hard to adjust positions when you tried to pretend the target of your critiques was invisible.

The taxi came to a halt. Jang-mi quickly thanked the driver and pulled out a few crumpled banknotes before writhing her way out of the car. She found herself amidst a sprawling street, one that was all too familiar. She walked over to the spot she used to occupy every evening, remembering it as if it was yesterday: the cheers, the blasting music, and especially how happy she felt. However, she was more content with the way things were now. To an extent.