Chapter 25

"Dear passengers, thank you for flying with Korean Air today. The flight is bound from Macau International Airport to Incheon Airport and we will be arriving in approximately 3 hours 45 minutes. We are expecting some turbulence mid-way through the flight, so please be sure to stay in your seats with the seatbelts fastened until the sign is switched off."

Hoshi impatiently drummed on the side table with his fingers. Dino surveyed him for a few moments, then finally turned around his torso to fully face Hoshi as the older continued his makeshift percussive beat.

"Hyung, seriously, please don't. I have an insane migraine right now," he complained.

Hoshi chuckled, placing his palm flat on the table. "What did I tell you about drinking so much last night?"

"Oh, as if you didn't chug down as much as I did. Besides, it's the end of our tour, we all deserve a break," Dino argued, taking a sip of the pre-flight champagne.

"I guess you have a point. Oh, that reminds me, Jang-mi was talking about doing a double date thing a while back."

"Hyung, not in public!" Dino hissed, warily looking around the cabin in search of any eavesdroppers. However, he'd forgotten that with the immense amount of staff and sheer number of members, Pledis had bought out the whole of Business Class on the plane.

"Right. Anyways, are you down for it? I promised her I'd bring it up with you. It could be nice, don't you think?"

"If your definition of 'nice' is being bullied for hours by my girlfriend and group member, then sure," Dino said, swishing his champagne in his hand.

"Great! We have a deal then."

"I didn't say yes-"

"It was implied. I know I'm being overexcited, but I haven't seen her in so long, I just want to do something special for her. Privately, obviously. If I as much as take a step within a mile radius of her in public, the manager will strand me on Jeju," Hoshi sighed.

"You're right. He's being a real pain in the ass lately," Dino nodded, whispering the last part in case any stray managers had decided to listen in on their conversation.

"Am I the only one who thinks he's kind of weird? I mean, the previous manager wasn't much better, but at least she felt more... managerly?" Hoshi leaned in, Dino following suit.

"Honestly, you're not wrong, but if we get Coups hyung to bring it up with the CEO, we'll all get a whooping. At least the other staff are fine."

"Don't you think it's all a bit suspicious?" Hoshi whispered. "This man shows up out of nowhere, starts bossing us all around like we're 5, then tells me about the-"

He abruptly stopped, placing his champagne down and staring off into the distance, his pupils enlarging with each second.

Dino's ears perked up. "What? Keep going, I'm curious now," he urged, lightly slapping Hoshi's hand.

"Do you think... he tipped me off on purpose? About the rooftop, I mean?"

Dino furrowed his brows, cocking his head to the side. "You really think so?"

"Think about it. He was opposed to the relationship from the beginning, so why suggest a romantic place for the two of us, alone?" Hoshi frantically rambled, the words spilling out like flowing water from his mouth.

"So you're saying that-"

"Yes, Chan, I'm pretty sure he-"

"Excuse me, gentlemen, would you mind placing your seats in the upright position and buckling your seatbelts? We're about to take off. Thank you so much," the passing stewardess interrupted, a charming smile on her perfectly made-up face.