Wiping My Tears

Joe Watson POV

I and Sherlock entered the lonieon ball right when Mr. Glendale was Celebrating the anniversary and the birthday of his son. I see Tewksbury and Enola Standing by a wall, Sherlock leads us to a corner of the room. We observe everything from there. "Did you notice your sister?" I ask seeing him distracted by looking at a woman in the ball. "What? No, Where is she?" He says stumbling to find words. " there," I say pointing at her. "Where?" Sherlock asks "Right there," I say looking at her to not find her standing. I see her sneaking out with her fiancee. "Come on, they have left," I tell him. "Wait, Enola opened something there. Let us check it out." Sherlock says. We go to find a letter thrown on the floor. We read it and decipher its meaning. "I think she means the clocktower," I tell my partner. "Right, I do not know why I am so distracted. Let's go."

Enola POV

"Tewkesburyyyyy" I call out. "He is alright." A voice answers. I recognize it as Sherlock's voice. "Ah, Thank god," I say putting a hand to my chest. I calm my breathing and go look for Mira. She is gone into the blackness of the night.

I go down to find Joe trying to wake Tewksbury after he checks that his pulse is steady. "We need to get him to a hospital," I say looking at the bullet on his shoulder. "No, a hospital would ask so many questions," Joe says. "Well, what do we do?" I ask. "We get out of here," Joe suggests. "Fine, let's go. Joe and I will hold Tewksbury. Hail us a cab, Sherlock." I tell him. We try to get him from the floor, careful not to come close to the bullet."Where are we headed?" Sherlock asks going out. "Basilwether," I say and Joe looks at me. "You sure?" He asks. I get what he means but. "I am. He needs the best treatment." I tell him. Sherlock walks out, and we follow him.

After 20 minutes

Martha POV

I do not feel alright. Something has happened to my son. I can feel it. "Agatha, Call Doctor Martin. Tell him to come here immediately." I tell my housemaid. She goes immediately to make the call. Doctor Martin is a family friend. I am sure he would understand my situation if My son was alright. God, please let him come back to me. I hear Enola calling my name. I rush down the stairs. "Is Tewksbury hurt?" I ask then I see him. Blood drained from his face moved with help. Unconscious! "What happened?" I ask rushing to him. "Details later. I will go fetch a doctor. His breathing is constant. Don't worry" Enola says calming me down. How can I calm down? It is my son. "I have already called our family Doctor. He is on his way. Follow me" I tell her guiding them to his room.

They enter the viscount's room with Enola not realizing the absence of her brother. Will we get the bullet out in time?

Enola POV

We lay him on the bed. I I I do not know what is going on. Where is this doctor already?
"I could try getting the bullet out myself," I tell them. "No, don't risk it," John warns me.

5 minutes later

The doctor finally enters. "Good evening!" He says. He comes close to Tewksbury. "I need all of you to get out so that I can focus. It is a delicate situation." He says checking him out. I take a breath calming myself because I have to. "Let's go, Lady Martha, John," I call out as I put my hand on the doorknob. I turn around looking at my love. "Please make sure he is alright," I say looking at the doctor. "I will do my best, Ms.Holmes." He says giving me a promising smile. We all get out waiting for the doctor to do his work. "I will go see where Sherlock has gone," Joe says walking away. I sit on the floor with my back against the wall, I put my face in my hands. "I knew something like this would occur." I hear Martha saying. "If I focused more, I would have saved him from this. I should have gotten this bullet instead of him." I say looking up at her. I have the worst headache, I could cry from the intensity of the pain.

"Enola, Are you alright?" She asks kneeling next to me. "No, I am not. My other half is hurting. I was so stupid thinking I was a savior." I let out looking at her with teary eyes which turned red. She embraces me, "No kiddo, You are a savior. If it was not for you, my son would not have known the beauty and burden of love. He would have been killed long ago. How can a nincompoop live without his Enola?" She asks which earns a chuckle from both of us. "He will be alright. He is a strong lad." She says comforting me. "He is," I reply. We hear the doctor opening the door. We get up with hopeful eyes. "I removed the bullet and closed the opened wound. Fortunately, the bullet did not get deep. He is probably unconscious because of the fall. Give him the night to rest, I will come to check on him tomorrow. Good night!" He says and walks away, the housemaid following him to pay him.

"I will go to get Sherlock and John to go home. I will come back to check  on him." I say wiping my tears.

Where did Sherlock go?
What will happen when the viscount awakes?
Stay tuned!
Love from your Author