Newton's Game

Well, dear friend, It has been said that 'Time is a healer' but that doesn't seem to be the case with Mira Troy.

Mira is a very complex individual. She started her life as a poor orphan who lived with her dumb uncle who clearly could not differentiate between a tree and a blooming flower. Evil is not born darlings but it is most certainly existent in all of us, always ready to bounce. We always tend to experience and in her case. She wanted to experience the taste of nice champagne and good talks. The upper class seemed to intrigue her. She couldn't go out, her uncle forbade it. At the age of 22, she began reading about the crimes occurring in London. She enjoyed it and enjoyed calculations and everything that spoke 'dangerous'. She was grateful to her uncle's wife, Priscilla who was the reason she was educated. One night changed it all. It was a summer night, and her uncle was out of town. Priscilla took her to the Basilwether Ball held by a woman celebrating her son's birthday. What Mira read in the papers did not seem to be the whole truth for her.

 What Mira read in the papers did not seem to be the whole truth for her

😍Zendeya😍 as Young Mira Troy

"Do you believe that she invited all of those bachelors and single ladies to only celebrate her son's birthday?" Mira asks "We won't get our answers until we arrive." Priscilla answers and they enter their carriage in hopes of a good night.

While some wanted to have a nice time at the ball others hated that their birthdays come so frequently.

Hero Finnes Triffin as Young Tom (Tewksbury's Dad)

Tom did not like his mother's ways but he loved her to death so he would not dare cross her or be the cause of her agony. He was not looking forward to tonight though.

The Ball was anything but boring. Mira entered with a big smile on her face. She did not know what to expect. She had this vision about balls from Priscilla but this was beyond. "Darling, there is a very nice balcony if you ever feel the need for some fresh air. I know balls can be suffocating." Priscilla says "mmhm" That is what could come out of her mouth.
The ton could be your oyster or your nightmare. Tom always felt grateful that he was well-liked. He would do this every year. He would count everyone in the room, calculations were his thing. He insists on writing the invitations himself every time. He looked at everyone from a balcony upstairs. His eyes fell on a captivating star that happened to be on Earth like everyone else. His eyes never left her as she roamed across the room. He was just going down when he noticed a sad-looking lady on the balcony.