No!

Joe POV

I am outside of the Basilwether mansion, looking for Sherlock. Where could he have gone?
I see his shadow from the end of the street. I walk to him and realize he is not alone. I can see him clearer now that I am closer. I see Miss Eudoria standing next to him. "Good Evening, Miss Eudoria!" I tell her. "Evening, John!" She answers. "Enola!" I hear her calling out her daughter's name. I look behind me to find Enola hugging her mother.

Enola POV

I needed her so much though I would never admit it. "Thank you for coming!" I tell her retreating from the hug. "How is he now?" She asks. "Better, safer as long as he is away from me." I let out with my chin high, I do not want to cry. I do not want to seem weak, not in front of her. "Nonsense, Do not say such words! He is safe because of you." She says and I notice Sherlock and Joe walk away giving us space. "You all keep saying that but tonight he could have died because of my foolishness. If it wasn't for John and Sherlock, I don't know what could have happened." I say looking at the floor and avoiding her gaze. "Enola, Look at me!" She speaks out. I am trying to maintain my posture. "He will be alright but the question is Are you, child?" She asks rubbing my shoulders with her hands. "I will be. Thank you for coming here!" I say smiling a bit. "Whenever you need me, I will be a street away. I am staying in Long Pond Street." She says giving me a warm hug. I needed it.

"Come on, boys! Let the lady rest for the night! We will come check on them tomorrow." She calls out and they come to where we are standing. "Thank you, Both of you," I say rubbing my hands on theirs. They nod their heads and all of them go on their way and I head back.

The Next Day

Enola POV

"Why isn't he awake?" I asked the doctor. "Let me check his pulse. Don't fright!" He says and I start biting on my nails while pacing around the room. He checks it, I see it when I look to my right. He checks it again from the pulse in his neck. "I can't feel his breathing." He lets out taking the breath out of my chest. "What do you mean by this?" I ask walking to Tewksbury. "He is gone, Miss Enola!" He says and I just can not believe it. He can not be dead!! I touch his skin, I feel it cold to my touch. "Tewksbury, Please do not leave me! Please stay!"

Tewksbury POV

I wake to find my arm hurting me. I wince from the pain as I get up. I see her sleeping on the chair next to my bed. I get up slowly careful not to wake her.

As I make my way to the bathroom in my bedroom. I remember the events of last night. Enola was whispering something to Mira and all I can remember next is falling from that clock tower.

When I get out of the bathroom I see her still sleeping, but suddenly She looks disturbed. I rush to her side but I feel a headache coursing through my mind. I hear her mumbling something "Please stay!" She cries out. "Do not go!" She says as I see her eyes opening and closing unnaturally with tears streaming down her face. "Enola!" I say shaking her with my safe arm. "Wake up!" I call out again seeing that she did not get up. She does taking a long breath. She wakes up with a wide stare and uneven breathing. "Just breathe, Love!" I say kneeling in front of her. "Calm down, please!" I plead with her. "Try inhaling with your mouth closed then open it while exhaling." I have read about this in a book before.

(let us imagine there was an understanding of this stuff back then.)

She does as I say and by the time her breathing comes back to normal I can feel her in my arms. "You are alive!" She calls out with a long breath of relief leaving her lungs. "Aw, you are pressing on my wound!" I wince once again from the pain. She retreats from the hug and punches me on my other arm. "Ow, Thank you so much for that!" I say sarcastically. "Do not do this to me ever again!" She lets out as she gets up and walks to the door, probably to tell everyone I am awake. "Wait, don't call for them now!" I say going to her. "What? Why? Your mother has been worried sick." She asks frowning.
"Will you marry me TONIGHT?" I ask getting on one knee and I get the ring out of my pocket. "No!" She answers shocking me

.
.
.
Why did she say no?
What is Mira's next move?
Stay tuned to find out
Love from your author