Part 1 ~ Chapter 7

A little while after the tribe left to attack the nest, Hiccup was practicing how to fly in the arena as he waited for Astrid to bring the others. He wobbled and flailed slightly to try and not lose balance.

"Whoa..gods this would be so much easier if Luna was here to teach me.." He muttered as he got his balance back.

As he was practicing, Astrid and the other's entered the ring. Astrid smiled and crossed her arms as she watched Hiccup lap around the arena, but the others were very wary of the Night Fury.
"How are you so calm right now Astrid? W-we just witnessed Hiccup die! Not to mention we're in the arena with a Night Fury!" Fishlegs said terrified.

Astrid looked at the Ingerman, her smile not faltering. "Because Hiccup's not dead. He's here with us."

"Like a ghost?" Tuffnut asked as he looked around the arena for Hiccup.

"What? No! Hiccup didn't die!" Astrid said with her hands on her hips.

"You sure? 'Cause he was gone when that smoke cleared. He was totally eaten by one of those dragons." Ruffnut said, pretty sure in her theory.

Astrid gave them all a deadpan expression. "Are you guys serious? Do you see any blood in here? Any severed limbs or torn up clothes? No?" She asked as she gestured around them.

"So what if there's no physical evidence of him dying? He obviously was eaten whole. I say good riddance." Snotlout said as he crossed his arms.

Hiccup whined as his earplates folded against his head. 'He really hates me that much..?'

Astrid facepalmed and ran her hand down her face. "Okay. Seems like you guys aren't getting what I'm trying to tell you guys at all. You guys remember when the Night Fury that's flying around us right now was cowering in the corner? Do you guys really think a Night Fury of all dragons would cower away like that?"

Hiccup screeched at her, feeling very offended. Astrid smirked at him.

"It's the truth!" She said as she stuck her tongue out at him playfully.

Hiccup huffed and landed beside her, giving her a halfhearted glare before he looked at the others.

Fishlegs took a closer look at the dragon in front of them and his eyes widened slightly as he realized that Astrid was right. The Night Fury's eyes gave it away.

Snotlout didn't seem to have the same revelation that Fishlegs did as he went to grab his hammer. Astrid noticed this and grabbed her axe. Hiccup shrank down with a whine as his earplates fell flat against his head as his best friend and his cousin glared at each other.

Fishlegs then got between them with his hands held out. "Stop!"

Astrid and Snotlout looked at the Ingerman shocked as they lowered their weapons.

Fishlegs then looked at Snotlout and the twins. "Astrid's right! Look at the Night Fury closer. See anything familiar?"

Snotlout rolled his eyes as he looked closer at the dragon then his eyes widened in shock. "No way.."

The twins eyes widened as well as it sunk in, then smirks formed on their lips. "Cool.."

Snotlout slowly walked towards Hiccup, but the young dragon backed away from him, whimpering. He laughed slightly as he set his hands on his hips. "Well I'll be damned. That really is Hiccup."

"Told you!" Astrid said as she set down her axe.

Snotlout looked back at her. "How is this even possible?"

"Let's just say it's a failsafe for the species to not die out. That's all you need to know. Now, enough chit chat. We've got a battle to get to." Astrid said, then she unlocked all the cages.