Part 4 ~ Chapter 24

As the woman rushed through the maze of caves and rocks, Hiccup and Toothless struggled to keep up with her.

"Hold on! Wait just a minute!" Hiccup yelled as he used his wings to climb over a large ledge without having to resort to setting Kala down and Toothless followed suit using his own wings in hybrid form to keep up as they continued after the woman.

"This way." She ushered before running off once more.

"Come back here!" Toothless growled out in annoyance.

She looked back at the small family every once and a while as they chased her through the caves, having noticed earlier that the boy now had wings and a tail like Hiccup did as they rushed after her.

"Come." She said, gesturing for them to follow her yet again, which made Hiccup and Toothless growl once more.

"You can't just say something like that and run off! You're my MOTHER?! I mean, what the–do you know how INSANE that sounds?!" Hiccup shouted angrily.

"Daddy, where is she taking us..?" Kala whispered as she looked up at him.

"I don't know, little one..but I have a feeling we're about to find out.." Hiccup whispered back.

"Come. Quickly!" The woman urged again.

"This woman is starting to get on my nerves.." Toothless muttered in agitation and Hiccup nodded in agreement.

"I need answers! If you're really my mother, why in Odin's name did you never come back?! And if what you say is true, then what have you been doing this entire time?!" Hiccup asked.

The woman then disappeared from sight and Hiccup and Toothless sped up in their attempt to catch up to her. A couple seconds later, they emerged through an opening that led into what seemed to be a large nest. Hordes of dragons of various species flew about as they looked around the place in pure awe.

"Pretty.." Kala said awestruck as she looked at all the different kinds of dragons around them.

"Whoa.." Toothless breathed out as he took it all in.

The small family then looked up as they heard the Stormcutter move and saw that the woman was with him as he hung from the cave roof.

"How long have you been here?" Hiccup asked as he adjusted his hold on Kala, his anger forgotten for the time being.

"Twenty years." The woman said calmly.

"And this entire time you've been rescuing dragons?" He questioned with a raised brow.

The woman nodded then gained a nervous look upon her face. "You're not upset?"

"Yeah, I am a bit upset. Not everyday you find out your supposed mother is some kind of crazy, feral, vigilante dragon lady." Hiccup retorted rather upset again, his eyes narrowing at the woman.

"At least I'm not boring...right?" She asked.

Hiccup sighed and rubbed between his eyes with his free hand. "I suppose there is that...one...specific...thing..."

"Do you like it?"

Hiccup and his hatchlings exchanged glances for a split second.

"It's really pretty." Kala said with an adorable smile.

"Yeah, it's a pretty impressive nest." Toothless said in agreement with his little sister, but he then screeched in surprise as a dragon began to sniff him from behind and he jumped away as he flicked his tail to get the dragon to leave him alone, Kala giggling at seeing her brother's antics.