Part 2 ~ Chapter 10

The next morning, the Vikings were doing the best they could to occupy themselves with preparing for Snoggletog once again.

Astrid was walking around the village with a shield in hand like a serving tray with a jug of some kind of drink and some empty tankards.

"Yaknog! Get your Yaknog! Get a frothy delicious cup of cheer!" She shouted out as she walked.

She then spotted the other teens talking a little ways away and walked over to them.

"Hey, you guys! Try this tasty new beverage I made for the holidays." She said cheerily.

"Ugh! What is that smell? Is that you?" Tuffnut asked as he shoved Ruffnut away from him.

"It's Yaknog!" Astrid said with a smile as she poured the chunky looking beverage into one of the tankards.

Tuffnut coughed in disgust as she poured the drink. "Ugh! If I drink that I'm gonna yak nog all over the place!"

"Maybe you'd rather taste a punch in the face?" Astrid retorted as she glared at the male Thorston.

Ruffnut sniffed the disgusting looking beverage then leaned away with a grossed out look on her face.

"Astrid, it sounds delightful. I'd love a mug." Snotlout stated kindly and he grabbed the tankard Astrid just filled.

He took a swig and gagged at the taste but forced himself to swallow it.

"You can really taste the yak!" He said, trying to forget how bad the drink tasted as he put the tankard back on the shield.

Fishlegs came up to the group and lit up a bit when he saw the jug and tankards that Astrid was carrying.

"Mmm, yum! What is that?" He asked.

"Oh! You wanna try some? It's my new traditional drink." Astrid explained while holding the shield out to him.

Snotlout shook his head with a look of warning on his face as he stood behind Astrid. Fishlegs took the hint and cleared his throat.

"Oh...you know...ehm...I have...suddenly inexplicably changed my mind." He stated nervously.

"Well, you don't know what you're missing. I bet Hiccup will love this." Astrid said as she was going to head off to find her brother, but she stopped when she saw the looks she got from the others. "What?"

"How could you of all people forget?" Ruffnut asked with crossed arms and a raised brow.

"Forget what?" Astrid asked, turning fully to face her friends with a confused look.

"Oh, I don't know...how about the fact that Hiccup gets sick from eating anything besides raw fish and water now?" Snotlout said as he clutched his stomach.

Astrid's eyes widened and she facepalmed as realization sunk in. "Oh I am such an idiot. How did I forget that? Well looks like I'm not giving him any now..but wouldn't hurt to at least stop by and talk to him."

And with that, the Hofferson made her way to the forge to see her found brother.

~~~HTRYNF~~~

"Hiccup?" Astrid asked once she made it to the forge, looking around for the young dragon. She raised a brow in confusion when she got no reply.

'That's odd. He's usually here around this time.' She thought as she placed the shield down on an empty workbench and looked around the forge. 'Maybe he just didn't hear me or something.'

As she was looking for her brother in his personal work room, she noticed some blueprints lying out on the desk and looked them over. Astrid smiled and shook her head when she noticed they were blueprints for an automatic tailfin.