Part 2 ~ Chapter 13

"Ah, Gobber, this is a disaster." Stoick sighed as he looked over the damage when his friend came up to his side. Kala was fast asleep on Stoick's arm, not affected by anything going on around her.

"Ah, it's not so bad." Gobber tried to reason, but it was obvious that Snoggletog was in shambles this year.

"Oh, not that bad? The village is destroyed. The dragons are still in mating season, Hiccup included, and won't return for who knows how long. My grandson has gone missing. Let's face it–this holiday is a complete– What are those people looking at?" Stoick asked as he stopped himself mid-sentence and looked at some of the tribe members that were focused on the sky.

Stoick took a closer look at what they were all looking at and noticed that there were shimmering figures in the sky.

"What is that?" He asked.

As the figures came closer to the island, it was revealed to be Toothless and all the other dragons with the figurehead ship filled with hatchlings. Everyone's eyes widened when they realized what was going on.

"It's Toothless!" Stoick shouted in relief, which got Kala to wake up and look around sleepily for her older brother.

"And our dragons!" Astrid added as she spotted Stormfly in the flock that was following the boat.

The Vikings cheered in joy as the boat was placed in the plaza and all the dragons landed. Hookfang let Toothless go and the Night Fury hatchling shook out his body before he transformed into his human form.

When the boat tipped over, all the hatchlings spilled out with it. Everyone ran to their dragons and the hatchlings as Toothless walked over to his grandfather and sister to keep out of the crowd. Kala smiled sleepily and chirped in greeting at him and he crooned a greeting back as he rubbed her head.

"Yeah! Whoo-hoo!" Snotlout shouted as he ran towards Hookfang joyously.

Fishlegs spotted Meatlug and smiled. "MEATLUG!" He yelled out as he ran to her and encased her in a hug.

Astrid ran to Stormfly with a huge smile on her face. "Stormfly! You're back! And look at the cute little ones!" She said happily as she crouched down to look at Stormfly's hatchlings.

"Hahaha! Well done, lad!" Stoick said as he clamped a hand onto his grandson's shoulder.

Toothless smiled up at him. "Thanks, Grandpa! Didn't mean for this to happen, but they were all eager to come back."

"Everyone! Grab your dragons! To the Great Hall! We finally have something to celebrate!" Stoick bellowed as he covered Kala's earplates and everyone cheered.

~~~HTRYNF~~~

It was a full-blown celebration as soon as everyone entered the Great Hall. People were singing songs, spending time with their dragons and loved ones, and some were even getting drunk off the mead.

Toothless stayed out of the way in a corner with his sleeping baby sister in his arms as he watched everyone mingle.

'If only Dad were feeling better so he could see this...' He thought sadly, feeling rather down since he couldn't celebrate the holiday with his dad.

Astrid made her way over to her niece and nephew and ruffled Toothless' hair as she leaned against the wall beside him.

"What's on your mind, squirt?" She asked.

Toothless shrugged as he fixed his hold on Kala. Astrid smiled softly and looked around the Great Hall.

"You know, you did a wonderful thing Tooth. Your dad is going to be so proud of you when he hears about this. You know that, right?" She said as she looked back at her nephew.