Part 4 ~ Chapter 23

As Hiccup, Kala and Toothless sped away from Berk, they talked over what they would do when they caught up to Eret's ship. The conversation was cut short though as Stormfly roared at them, making Hiccup slow down so she and Astrid could catch up.

"Okay, what in Odin's name are you three planning? And seriously Hiccup? Dragging your five year old into this?" Astrid asked with her arms crossed.

"I wanna help keep Berk safe Auntie Astrid." Kala whined with her arms crossed.

"You can't even fly yet firecracker, let alone fight." Astrid shot back. "It's too dangerous."

"I can too fight! Just..not in human form yet." Kala said, looking down as she gripped the saddle again with a pout.

"As for the plan, you'll see Aunt Astrid. Just go along with it, okay?" Toothless said with a small smile.

Astrid raised a brow the same time Stormfly raised a brow bone. "Oh really? This plan isn't going to end up being a failure that results in a battle is it?"

"No, we swear it. Just follow our lead, alright? Please Aunt Astrid." Toothless asked, lifting his mask to give her a pleading look.

Astrid sighed and glanced at Hiccup, who basically gave her the same look, and nodded. "Oh, alright."

Toothless smiled gratefully as he flipped his mask back down and faced forward. Kala smiled and bounced in her seat a bit before she settled back down as Toothless nudged her foot with his own. Which was just in time as they all heard shouting from below.

"HEADS! OFF THE PORT QUARTER!" They heard none other than Eret himself exclaim.

"Who was that..?" Kala whispered.

"That, my little flower, was the leader of that trapper ship. Eret, son of Eret. He tried to capture me and Auntie Stormfly." Hiccup explained as he sped up a bit as Eret threw out orders, dodging a net that was sent their way as he circled the ship. "Remember to stay with your brother and Auntie Astrid the entire time we're on this ship okay?"

"Okay.." Kala said with a small nod, not wanting to be separated from any of her family members in the slightest.

"Come on, reload!" A trapper yelled as Hiccup began to land. "Incoming!"

Just as he landed, the trappers scattered and not a second later Stormfly landed next to him.

"And here I was worried we might turn up empty-handed. And what's this? Another addition to your little party?" Eret asked as he came up to the small family with his arms splayed out as Toothless and Astrid dismounted, Toothless helping Kala dismount as well.

"Nope. It's your lucky day. We give up." Toothless said as he placed Kala down and took her hand as Hiccup tossed a net over Astrid's head, who gasped in shock and glared at him slightly.

He then nudged her to start walking towards the live well as Toothless led Kala towards it. Hiccup followed behind them as they all walked, growling at anyone who tried to get in the way of his kids.

"That's one Night Fury, one Deadly Nadder, two of the finest dragon riders west of Luk Tuk, and a dragon whisper to boot. That oughta make the boss happy right? Excuse us." Toothless said as he pushed aside a weapon as they made their way past the trappers.

Hiccup growled as one of the trappers tried to touch him and he backed away. Hiccup then helped Kala into the live well as Toothless opened it and hopped down himself to catch his sister.

"What are you doing?" Astrid asked as she and Stormfly went over to the live well.

Hiccup picked her up by her hood and dropped her into the live well gently when she was close enough, then he backed away and sat in front of the live well while glaring at the trappers.