Part 4 ~ Chapter 26

Once outside the nest, the family came to a stop on a large ice spike that looked down upon the beach. Valka grew terrified as she saw the armada attacking the nest, Kala in the same boat as her as the five-year-old saw dragons getting hurt and tears welled up in her eyes.

Hiccup's eyes widened in horror as he took in the armada that Drago had brought, his hold on Kala tightening as he held her as close to himself as he possibly could, which she returned by clinging to him as tightly as she could.

"Oh no..." Toothless breathed out as he scanned the beach in fear.

"W-why are those people attacking the nest..?" Kala asked fearfully as she took in the amount of traps and trappers that Drago had under his command, tears escaping her eyes.

"I don't know, little one..." Hiccup muttered as he rubbed her back.

Beside them, Hiccup could feel the worry and fear radiating off his mother, her scent being overtaken by those emotions, which made him glance over at her with a worried expression. Stoick rested his hand on Valka's shoulder and gave her a soft smile once she was looking at him.

"It'll be alright, Val. We're a team now. Now what do you want to do?" He asked.

Valka steeled herself as she looked between all of her family with determination clear in her eyes. "We have to save the dragons."

"Aye, you got it!" Stoick said with a confident smile, then he, Valka and Gobber rushed back into the sanctuary to get their dragons.

Hiccup set Kala down and knelt in front of her as Toothless put on his flight helmet and gripped her shoulders. "I need you to promise me you'll stay out of sight and out of danger, my little flower. Can you do that?"

Kala whined and stomped her foot with fists clenched. "But I wanna help Daddy!"

"Kala, I will not put you into that kind of danger. If you got hurt, I wouldn't forgive myself. Promise me." Hiccup said with a serious look, which made Kala nod in defeat.

"I promise.." She mumbled and Hiccup kissed her forehead and brushed her bangs out of her face.

"That's my girl..now go back into the nest and hide." He said as he ushered her back into the cave system.

She went obediently, running out of sight as Hiccup transformed into his dragon form and scooped Toothless onto his back. Once Toothless was secured to the saddle and was gripping the handles, Hiccup sped into the battle.

Little did they know that Kala decided to find an exit to the beach, not wanting to be hiding away while her family fought tooth and nail to protect the sanctuary.

As the two Night Furies sped into the heat of it all, Toothless took notice of who all was fighting. His dad's entire team were there fighting the trappers and releasing the dragons from the traps. Eret was even riding Stormfly with Astrid, which was quite shocking. Right as he noticed who was steering Stormfly, he saw that there was a large icicle falling towards them, but before he could say anything Hiccup had already sent a plasma blast toward the icicle to protect his sister, destroying it as soon as it made contact with the surface. Toothless smiled under his helmet as they sped over to the trio. They just barely noticed that they sped past Drago, hardly registering that he said something as they passed.

"Dragon Master."

Hiccup spared a glance back at the man as he heard it, but then shook his head slightly and focused on making sure the others were alright. Once he and Toothless made it into earshot of the trio, Toothless lifted his flight helmet with a smile.

"Welcome aboard, Dragon Rider!" He joked, taking notice of how nervous Eret was, trying to take his mind off falling off Stormfly's back.

"Thanks. I think." Eret said timidly as the grip he had on Stormfly just barely loosened, then his eyes widened as he took in Toothless' appearance. "Wait. You're a kid?!"