Part 3 ~ Chapter 19

Hiccup woke up to the feeling of little hands shaking him and he looked at the person responsible with sleep filled eyes as he sat up slightly.

"Wha..?" He asked.

He heard giggling and rubbed at his eyes to come face to face with a very little girl that had a way too big tunic covering her body. Her hair was a midnight black that was past her shoulders and was slightly messy, her skin was fair and covered head to toe in freckles very similar to Hiccup's own, and her eyes were big and toxic green. Hiccup's eyes widened as he finally registered who was sitting in his lap.

"Kala..?" He asked, just wanting to make sure he wasn't mistaken.

"Yes Daddy?" The little girl asked as she tilted her head to the side with an adorable look on her face.

Hiccup smiled wide as he sat up fully and pulled her into a tight hug. "Your human form is absolutely gorgeous, my little flower..!"

Kala purred happily as she hugged him back, curling up close to his chest as she did. "Fank you Daddy."

Hiccup kissed the top of her head. "You're very welcome little one. Looks like we've gotta get you some clothes today, huh?"

Kala looked up excitedly, her excitement sparkling in her glowing green orbs. "Can you make fem pwease?"

"Of course I will. How about we go to the market to get the materials after breakfast?" Hiccup offered as he got out of bed with Kala on his hip.

"Okay! Can Toofwess come too?" Kala asked as she held onto Hiccup's night tunic as he made his way downstairs.

"If he wants to, yes. Speaking of. Where is your brother?" Hiccup asked, having noticed that his son wasn't in his bed before they made their way downstairs.

"I fink he weft earwier. He was gone when I woke up." Kala said.

Hiccup smiled as he set her down on top of the table. "Of course he did. Well, looks like we'll have to run into him later then."

Hiccup then grabbed a couple fish from the basket in the kitchen and gave the smallest one to his daughter, who took it gratefully and carefully ate it as she tried to figure out how to eat properly in her new form. Hiccup smiled and showed her an easier way, cleaning off her face as blood and scales from the fish got all over it in her attempts.

~~~HTRYNF~~~

Later on that same day, Hiccup busied himself with sewing together Kala's new clothes as she played with her wolf plush on the floor in front of him. He finished up the stitch he was working on and held up a small fur vest he made with a smile.

"Okay little one, let's see how this fits." Hiccup said as he stood and knelt down in front of Kala as she used him as support to get to her feet.

He slipped her arms through the vest and straightened it out then held her at arms distance to take in how it looked on her. It fit her perfectly and went very well with the new outfit she was clad in already. But Hiccup knew she would grow out of it eventually, as all kids do.

Kala was wearing a green tunic, a simple belt around her waist, dark gray pants, brown bear fur boots, and the brown bear fur vest Hiccup just finished.

"What do you think?" He asked with a smile.

Kala looked at the vest with awe filled eyes and she smiled brightly at her father. "I wove it!"

Hiccup's smile widened as she hugged him and he hugged her back. "I'm glad."

The two Furies pulled apart as they heard the door open and close, both looking towards the door as it did to see who had entered.