Part 3 ~ Chapter 15

"Come on Dad, hurry up!" Toothless said as he pulled at Hiccup's arm excitedly.

Hiccup chuckled and sped up his pace to keep up with his son. "Slow down. He just pulled into port. We can take our time getting there."

Toothless whined slightly. "But all the cool stuff will be gone by the time we get there! It always does when he's docked here!"

Hiccup rolled his eyes with a smile and let Toothless drag him along towards the docks where Trader Johann had just docked in.

When they got to the ship, they had to dodge a lot of the other Vikings to get aboard and start looking through all the wares. Toothless was bouncing all over the place as he looked at all the items in pure awe, while Hiccup just looked for what he needed, which just so happened to be another jar of squid ink. The young dragon had been running low in the last couple of days and Johann was the only trader that ever brought it to Berk.

"Looking for this Master Hiccup?" Johann asked as he held up a large jar of squid ink with a smile.

Hiccup smiled and nodded. "Yeah, how'd you know?" He asked as he offered up a Gronckle iron dagger in exchange for the ink.

Johann traded it gladly and looked over the dagger as he spoke. "Just intuition my dear boy. You are the only customer on this grand island that ever trades me for it. Now this dagger on the other hand is very well done. What metal is it?"

"It's made out of Gronckle iron. Fishlegs discovered it by pure accident a few months ago and we've been using it in a lot of metalwork recently." Hiccup explained as he stashed the jar of ink in a satchel he brought along.

His attention was torn away from the man as he felt frantic tugs on his sleeve and he looked at his son with a curious tilt of the head. "Whatcha find bud?"

Toothless held up a leather journal with an excited smile on his face. "This! Can I get it?"

Hiccup took the journal and looked at it closer. The cover had what seemed to be Night Furies flying about as the design, and from the way it looked so worn and thicker than it initially was, Hiccup assumed it was completely filled with information or drawings of some kind. He then noticed the engraving in the center of the cover and read it. He knew immediately that it was in the dragon tongue which read out 'The Journal of the Night Furies'.

Johann noticed the journal and smiled. "It's all yours. Not quite sure what it says, but those designs look a lot like you Night Furies as dragons."

"How'd you come by this Johann?" Hiccup asked, confused.

"A cloaked figure traded it to me for some weaponry. Not a clue why, but I figured I best hold onto it for you seeing as it may be of importance to your kind, Master Hiccup." Johann explained.

"What do you want in return for it?" Toothless asked as he rummaged through his own satchel to look for something to give the man in exchange for the journal.

Johann chuckled and waved his hand. "Oh, nonsense. The two of you can have it. The least I could do for the help you gave me when my ship was wrecked in Breakneck Bog."

Hiccup and Toothless exchanged looks then smiled at him kindly.

"Thank you." Hiccup said as he put the journal in Toothless' satchel then he looked at his son. "There anything else you wanna get before we go?"

"Could we find something for Kala?" The hatchling asked excitedly and Hiccup smiled.

"Sure bud. We can find something for your sister." He said as he ruffled his hair.

Toothless smiled and dashed off to look for something for his baby sister. Hiccup smiled and shook his head as he followed behind the hatchling.

It took a while, but they were finally able to find something for the youngest Haddock. They came across a dire wolf plush that was hidden in the very back of a stack of wares near the back of the ship. It had gray fur and piercing brown eyes that had a soft look to them. The fur was very soft, which shocked the two dragons.