Part 3 ~ Chapter 18

"Why is there a Terror in my hut, Hiccup?" Stoick asked as he got home to take a small break from chiefing.

Hiccup's attention was torn from the Terror in question, who was playing carefully with his daughter in the living room.

"Dad! I can explain. Fishlegs and Snotlout started bickering during training today and it ended up in all of us having a competition to prove who's the better dragon trainer out of all of us. So, Terrible Terror. Didn't really have much say in the matter and they made me promise that I would stay in human form the entire time I trained the Terror and didn't do anything draconic when I do."

"There's already four living under this roof, son. We don't need any more dragons. Don't get me wrong, I love all four of you, but five seems too much." Stoick said as he sat down in his chair in front of the hearth, which was crackling with life as a weak fire danced on logs within.

"I know, Dad. But look at him. He's well behaved, calm. He's even good with hatchlings. I mean, look at how careful he's being with Kala." Hiccup defended as he gestured to the Terror and hatchling in question.

Stoick looked at his granddaughter as she and the Terror played and stroked his beard in thought. "Aye, he does seem to be well behaved. You said you and the others were having a competition?"

Hiccup nodded and sighed. "Yes. We were working on rescue maneuvers for our training today and everyone besides me thought it was a competition. We talked about it, which led to Fishlegs and Snotlout bickering and this competition was the result."

"I see. Have you trained the wee dragon at all?" Stoick asked as he leaned back in his chair, putting his full attention on his son.

"No. I got back about twenty minutes ago. He's been playing with Kala since we got home. I haven't even given him a name yet." Hiccup said as he rested his arms on the table from where he sat.

"Well he's going to need a name, son. Especially if you're trainin' him." Stoick said.

Hiccup nodded and looked at the Terror in thought. As if knowing, the Terror sent a blast at the hearth and relit the logs as they got very close to dying out.

Hiccup's eyes widened as a name came to him and he smiled. "Sharpshot."

The Terror chirped happily as his way of agreeing to the name before he went back to playing with Kala as she tackled him.

Stoick chuckled and shook his head. "Well that answers that. If you want to keep Sharpshot around after this competition the others dragged you into is over, I'm alright with it. Would be a shame to release him with how friendly and playful he is with the lass, now wouldn't it?"

Hiccup smiled and nodded. "Yeah, yeah it would."

~~~HTRYNF~~~