Reunion

"Mum? It's General Shane." She's no longer the mum I knew. She is different now.
"What happened to you? Why are you with the vampires?" I was on the verge of tears.
"Because I am one." She smiled wickedly.
"What about dad? Is he a vampire too?" I demanded a answer.
"Oh no, he died. I killed him." Her smile went brighter as I tried to land a hit on her but failed "You see, in this world, there is a process called natural selection. The strong live and the weak die. Your father was weak, he didn't deserve to live."

I froze. I refuse to believe her. This isn't my mum.
I felt a soft hand touched my shoulder. I couldn't control myself. The tears kept coming.
"Skye? Are you all right?" Yuu stared at me.
"Yes just fine, or I will be." I steadied my feet.

"By the way, darling, where is my younger daughter? Lina?" She twirled her hair in her fingers "Wait, oh. Could she have been weak? I always knew she was like her father, weak and always needs protection. And then theres you, you are like me. We are both strong."
"I WILL NEVER BE LIKE YOU!" I screamed, everyone started staring at us.
"Oh but you are sweetheart!" With one strike of her sword, barely touching Yuu, she sent him flying to across the room.

"YUU!" I ran to him. Blood dripping down his head. "I'm sorry for getting you into this."
"She isn't going to be easy to defeat!" Yuu said coughing up some blood.
"Will you be okay?" I called for one of the officers to help him.
"This won't stop me!" He whimpered.
I stood up. She won't get away with this.

"Sweetie, leave these wretched humans and join the vampires!" She exclaimed
"NEVER! And if you didn't realise already, I am human." I stared at her.
"I'm not stupid. Oh and you still haven't answered me about Lina." She grinned.
I turned my head to the side "I don't know..."
"If that is the case then she is probably de-" She started.
I stroke with my sword in the face, leaving a tiny scratch.
She landed a attack on my arm, I saw blood coming out of my flesh. It's been a long time since I've been injured.

I can't afford to lose.
This dress is slowing me down. I rip of the bottom layer off my dress. I was wearing shorts underneath. This way it was easier to move.

No matter how hard I try, I can hardly land a single hit on her. I'm not fast enough.
"You are fast, but you are still young. You lack experience." Shane laughed.
"I won't let you get away though!" I wiped a bit of the blood off my arm.
She started fighting properly. I could tell, her eyes changed, she seemed more fierce.
She landed a hit on my leg. The cut was deep.
I wasn't sure how long I was able to hold up for.
The cut slowed me down. I can't move as fast.

Someone jumped in front of me. Protecting me.
The familiar smell. The black hair. Yuu.
"Yuu?" I yelped as the pain in my leg was getting worse.
"Did you think I would just leave you alone? I won't let any more of my family die.
Family. That's a word I haven't heard in a long time. It feels nice.

Concentrate.
"AKANAME LEND ME YOUR POWER!" I felt powered up.
"Thank you Akaname." I whispered to my demon.
I managed to land a strike on mum's waist but she seemed unaffected.

Suddenly all my memories flooded around me. It was like I couldn't control myself.
Mum looked surprised.
My body was moving on its own.
I saw my blade pierce through her body.

"Are you not going to activate the curse? Oh, is my daughter not able to kill her mother?" She laughed.
My hands were trembling. Why? WHY?
"ACTIVATE THE CURSE!" I heard Shinoa screamed.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? BAKA!" Mitsuba shouted.
"I'm sorry. I can't!" I couldn't do it.
Someone from the vampire team shouted retreat.
"Oh what a shame. This isn't the end." She smiled.

My legs wouldn't move. I couldn't stop my body from falling. All I could hear were faint voices calling my name. I was then consumed by darkness. Was this the end?