How Skye met Mika

- Flashback -

Why am I so weak? I'm all alone. I lost my sister and my parents. Ferid Bathory will pay for this. Karma: what comes around goes around.

How long has it been since I had food? Who knows?

Maybe I could just die here. Well that would be great. An end of sadness.

"Hello there!" A boy with blonde hair about the same age as me walked up to me. His blue eyes were like sapphires, how beautiful I thought to myself they drew me in, mesmerised.

"Erm hi..."

"What are you doing alone in the park?" He said sitting on the swing next to me.

"I have no place to stay." I say blandly. It was the truth.

"Oh. Wait. You can come back with me to the Hyakuya Orphanage!" The boy shouted with excitement.

"I really can't."

"Why can't you? There's plenty of room and fresh food!" His eyes were glistening. His voice was soothing I could just peacefully fall asleep.

"I couldn't just barge into your lives." In secret I really wanted to go with him but it didn't seem to be right. I knew I was different so why do I feel this way?

"It's an orphanage! We provide shelter for those who have no where to go. Come on! Come back with me!" He gently tugs on my hand.

"I give in." I say reaching for the warm hand he stretched out to me. I felt his warmth as he helped me up.

"I'm Mikaela. But everyone calls me Mika. Nice to meet you! What's your name." So his name is Mikaela; gift from God. Mika; a new moon. He lives up to his name. How can someone be so perfect and not be a gift from God, he shines just as bright as a moon. He must of been sent her to balance out the evils of the vampires.

I smiled. "Skye. My name is Skye Hoshizora. Nice to meet you too." We shook hands.

"Your name is so beautiful but not as beautiful as your smile." My cheeks flushed. It was the first compliment I have received in ages. I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you."