🫶Recovery🫶

Maxine was out of the hospital had bandages over her arms and was under a twenty-four-hour suicide watch. Jackson had dumped Lydia and told her to return the key.

"Ready to go get a Hoosiers movie?" Jackson grins." Yeah definitely, I'm sorry Jack for what I did. I didn't mean to make anyone upset, I just wanted my pain to stop," Maxine says sadly.

Jackson hugs Maxine," Hey I'm sorry I didn't stop her from doing that. You are my best friend and practically my sister so you come first. I will never let you be alone again," Jackson says softly."Thank you, you're my brother Jack and I love you till the end of the line," Maxine says with a soft smile." It's always going to be us and Danny against the world," Jackson says softly kissing Maxine's head.

*
Maxine went to grab the flims as Jackson was looking for the cashier."Hello? Is anybody working here?" He asked again."You gotta be kidding me." Jackson scoffs.

"So where is everyone?" Maxine wonders, "How would I know? Come on," Jackson says. Max follows Jackson who keeps a gentle hold of her and they come across a dead slashed body.

"Oh my!" Maxine yelps."That's an er," Jackson says."Yep, we should get out of here," Maxine says walking backwards and dragging Jackson with her.

Maxine and Jackson stopped walking when they heard a low growl and turned to see the alpha at the end of the building Jackson pulled Maxine to hide behind a bookshelf.

The bookshelves begin to fall and Jackson pushes Maxine out but she still gets trapped under the bookshelf with him."Max you okay?" Jackson asked weakly." I-I think so," Maxine says softly.

Suddenly the bookshelf started to feel heavy and Maxine saw the alpha above her looking down at Jackson's neck."What's it doing?!"Jackson asked weakly."Nothing you're fine, I'm here Jackson," Maxine says softly.

The Alpha went to Maxine's face and looked at her like he recognized her and the scent she carried when sirens were heard getting closer and it bolted out the window.

*

The Sheriff entered the place with James and he saw his daughter on the ground."Maxine!!"James shouts as he gets to her."Dad, I'm okay," Maxine says as he gets to her side."Just get us out please?" Maxine says with a soft smile." Get them out now!" James shouts at the paramedics who get them out and James lifts his daughter's bridal style to be checked out.

Maxine was cleared to go home and James took her back home where Rhea checked her over."I'm fine Mom, honestly just tired," Maxine says with a tired smile." Of course, baby, go to bed," Rhea says softly kissing Maxine's forehead.

Maxine goes upstairs and sees Jace in her room and he runs towards her and checks her over."Did he hurt you?!" Jace asked with a concerned look." No, I'm safe just sore," Maxine smiles softly and puts her hand on his." Good, I'll see you tomorrow," Jace says exiting out the window.

"Wait!" Maxine says softly. Jace stops, "Stay please?" Maxine asked with a smile. Jace nods and Maxine lies in bed as Jace joins her and she lies on his torso," I'm here Max, I won't go nowhere," Jace says softly kissing Maxine's head.

"What did you mean at the hospital?" Maxine asked." You heard that?" Jace asked. Maxine looks up and nods," I um nothing," Jace shakes his head smiling." Okay tell me when you're ready," Maxine smiles. Jace kisses Maxine's lips softly taking her pain," Now I can take your pain away," Jace smiles.

"I am sorry for what I did, I just wanted to be at peace and feel something other than pain," Maxine says softly."Hey, you deserve so much more than what he did to you, if you will would you allow me to show you exactly how you should be loved?" Jace asked gently. Maxine softly nods," I'd like that," Maxine whispers. Jace kisses Maxine's lips again and they cuddle up for the night.

*

Maxine woke up to Jace hiding behind the door."What are you doing?" Maxine whispers." Your mom coming up," Jace mouths pointing at the door." Oh," Maxine says with a smile." Max, you're not going to school today so movies and sleep, and invite Jace around he's sweet, and I approve of him," Rhea smiles before leaving.

Jace waited till James and Rhea had left," So your mom likes me already," Jace grinned." I know it's weird she never likes anyone straight away," Maxine says with a smile." So what films are we watching together then?" Jace smiles at her."Hmmm depends are you opposed to watching Marvel and Harry Potter?" Maxine wonders with a smile.

"Depends do you have anyone on there you drool over?" Jace smirks at her." Marvel-Pietro, Bucky, Steve, Tony and Loki. Harry Potter- Draco, Luna, Hermonie, and young Tom Riddle, they are the ones I drool over," Maxine smirks.

"Oh well, I think you need someone else to drool over," Jace smirks and takes his t-shirt off revealing his abs, "Ooh Daddy," Maxine smirks." Now now princess, when you are all healed up and recovered we can play," Jace winks." No fair," Maxine fake pouts." I'll tell you what I said if you'd like?"Jace says with a soft smile." Please?" Maxine nods.

Jace goes over to Maxine lightly nudges her onto her back and kisses her," I said, That pathetic excuse of a boy doesn't deserve your attention Max, but I swear if you let me I'll show you true love and adoration, you and Scott will be nothing more than a distant memory," Jace says softly kissing Maxine's lips and looks her in the eyes.

"Let me heal first please," Maxine whispers lowly." Of course princess but know this, you're mine and I don't share," Jace winks." So Marvel or Harry Potter?" Jace smirks." Marvel, I need to drool over Chris Evans's body," Maxine winks. Jace lays with Maxine the two enjoy four Marvel films and two Harry Potter films and snuggle into a deep sleep together.

Jace keeps a gentle but very protective hold of Maxine as he sleeps with her, he doesn't want her to know she's his mate because he doesn't want to overwhelm her, especially after the days she had so far." I got you now my love, no one will ever touch you again," Jace whispers as he softly kisses Maxine's head before falling asleep with her.

*

Maxine's parents went to the parents' conference and informed the teachers that Maxine has a restraining order against Scott McCall and they are to remain separated from now on. Maxine has done well in school and they leave seeing Melissa and The Argents arguing with one another.

*

This chapter is done ✔️ I'm in love with Jace and Maxine's bond right now🫶❤️

How was this chapter?

Favourite moment so far?

Want more?

Should Maxine stay human?

Should Jace become an Alpha and an evolved werewolf?