32

CHAPTER 32

SOPHIA’S POV

I had barely set foot inside the house when there he was, like a guardian of the threshold, waiting for me with that all-too-familiar stern expression.

"Now that your father is gone," Henry began, his arms crossed defiantly, "I don't want to see Jason in this house."

I sighed, dropping my bag unceremoniously on the floor. "Henry, we've been through this. You know Jason is my friend and we are pretty close he also advise me on my course, he could basically be my boyfriend , not just some random guy."

He shook his head, his frustration palpable. "Sophia, you and I both know that Jason is just a pretend boyfriend you lied to your dad about. This charade has gone on long enough."

I bristled at his accusation, my defenses going up like a fortress. "It's not a charade, Henry. Jason and I are talking about being together , and I care about him." I knew I was lying about the being together part but I wanted to spice things up a bit especially with all the headache he had been giving me.

He took a step closer, his gaze unwavering. "You care about him, or you care about the idea of him? Because from where I'm standing, it looks like you're more interested in rebelling against me, Sopjia than in actually being in a real relationship."

I clenched my fists, trying to keep my temper in check. "You don't get to decide what's real or not, Henry. This is my life, my choice."

He ran a hand through his hair, his voice strained. "I'm not trying to control your life, Sophia. I just don't want to see you hurt."

I scoffed, my frustration bubbling over. "Hurt? Henry, you're the one who's hurting me right now by not supporting me."

He seemed taken aback by my words, his brows furrowing in confusion. "Supporting you? Sophia, I've always supported you. But this... this is different. You're playing with fire."

I shook my head, my voice filled with defiance. "No, I'm not. I want to be in relationship with someone I care about, and I won't let you or anyone else belittle that."

Henry's gaze softened, and he took a step closer, his voice gentle now. "Sophia, you're like a daughter to me. I just want what's best for you."

I sighed, my anger ebbing away as I realized that beneath all the arguing and frustration, he did care about me. "I know, Henry. But what's best for me is being with Jason."

He nodded, his shoulders slumping as if he had finally accepted defeat. "Alright, Sophia. I'll respect your choice. Just promise me you'll be careful."

I smiled, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. "I promise, Henry. And who knows, maybe one day you'll see that Jason is a good guy."

He chuckled, ruffling my hair affectionately. "Maybe, Sophia. Maybe."

As I headed to my room, I couldn't help but feel a sense of victory. I had stood my ground, defended my relationship, and, in the end, found some common ground with Henry. Maybe, just maybe, he would come to accept Jason, even if it took some time.
But before I could say any thing Henry burst into my room again. 

"Can we cut the bullshit Sophia, you and I know that you are doing all this because of me, and j can't keep pretending not to care anymore, fuck Sophia I want you badly,"

Before I could say anytubg about it, he pushed me to the wall and pinned me on it, his mouth crashing into mine immediately and devouring into them, they tasted like Apple and I kissed him back.

He pulled away momentarily.

"Fuck Sophia, we shouldn't be doing this, we shouldn't,"

I pushed my mouth back into his as he began tasting me, he pulled back again.