21

Amira couldn't help the goofy smile that took over her face. She was damn near blushing at the sight of Rowan.

He wore a black short-sleeve sweater—similar to the look of a t-shirt, but the quality was easily distinguishable. He wore black dress pants, black leather shoes, and a silver chain around his neck. Rowan preferred his fancier clothes to fit a certain way, so everything was altered to perfection—not too loose but not obnoxiously tight. His attire was simple yet effective.

Amira stood in the kitchen, munching on some grapes as she watched her two favorite people interact. She believed Rowan when he said he would try to stop by, but she somewhat doubted he would find time. Amira kept her expectations low, just in case. So imagine her surprise when she answered the door twenty minutes ago and saw Rowan standing outside. Not only did he arrive before everyone else, but he also brought Renee a gift.

"Amira?" Renee suddenly spoke from across the room. "Check the turkey for me," she instructed.

"Oh, I already—" Amira stopped when her mother didn't wait for her to respond. She was too enthralled to care about anything other than Rowan. Her face was beaming with joy, which made Amira want to sneak Rowan upstairs to properly thank him for showing up. His effort meant more to her than anything.

"What are we talking about?" Amira inserted herself into their conversation, walking up to Rowan and burying her face into his chest. He smiled and resisted the urge to squeeze her ass.

"Rowan and I were just catching up. How did the turkey look when you checked on it?"

"It seemed fine to me. I think it's ready."

"Okay, great." Renee stepped aside and went to the stove.

"Thank you for coming. I'm sure you made my mom's day." She hugged Rowan tighter and guided him to the couch. "You look good as fuck." She urged him to sit and respectfully sat on his lap. "Who are you trying to impress? Surely, it can't be me; it has to be Renee."

Rowan only smirked.

"I hope you're staying the entire time."

"I am," he nodded.

"You don't have to speak to anyone. We can just stay in our little bubble, and if anyone tries to talk to you, I can lie and say you're shy."

Rowan chuckled. "Do I look shy to you?"

"No, but looks can be deceiving," she smiled. "They won't know the difference."

"I'm good, Amira. I don't need to pretend to be shy."

"I know," she sighed. "But I haven't seen my relatives in a long time, so I know they'll have questions. I just don't want anyone making you feel uncomfortable."

"I'll be fine," he reassured her. Rowan wasn't worried at all. He knew how to mingle and handle himself just fine.

Amira then stayed by Rowan's side as people started to arrive. She acted as the "mediator" when introducing her family and couldn't help but admire Rowan's easygoing nature. He let people approach him; he acknowledged their curiosity and did his best to respond accordingly.

No one really hounded him with questions like Amira thought—her relatives seemed to understand the concept of space. Thus, no one overstepped, and the day continued without a hitch.
.....

That night, Amira was so horny she made a left turn when they entered his home.

Rowan nodded at the sudden change of direction and followed after her. He then unlocked the door to his playroom and pushed it open. Amira knew to strip out of her clothes, so she dropped each article onto the floor and got on her knees. Her prompt response didn't go unnoticed by Rowan.