26

"Happy Birthday," Amira whispered into Rowan's ear. She kissed all over his face before burying her nose into his cheek and sniffing. "Happy Birthday," she repeated.

Rowan chuckled as he opened his eyes. He had been awake for quite some time, listening to Amira move around as she got ready for work.

"Good morning," he uttered, his voice sending tingles straight to her core.

"Guess what?" Amira placed her finger to her chin and pretended to think.

"What?"

"It's your birthday," she replied, squealing as she slapped his bare chest. She knew Rowan didn't care for his birthday, so she had to amp up her excitement and bring the energy to offset his lackluster attitude.

"I wish I could mess with you all day, but I must leave." She climbed off the bed and fixed her clothes.

"You should stay."

"I can't," Amira pouted. "Go back to sleep, and maybe I'll be on my way back by the time you get up." She tried to leave, but Rowan pulled her back to the bed. "Thank you." He embraced her.

"No problem. I have more silly shit planned, so be prepared." She kissed him before heading to the door. "I'll see you later."
.....

After work...

Amira needed to wash, change her clothes, and grab a few items, so she rushed to her apartment.

"What should I wear?" She whispered to herself. It was freezing outside, so she needed to pick something cute yet practical at the same time. Amira wanted to wear her new Givenchy shark boots—the biker ones—so she chose an outfit to match them.

"That'll do." She went back into the bathroom to style her hair while it was still wet. She redefined her mane of curls and used a diffuser to dry everything. Then she checked the time once again and cursed aloud. Amira needed to leave soon, so she quickly got dressed and stuffed a few things in her bag. She left her apartment after pulling on her coat and grabbing a thick scarf.

Fifteen minutes later, she arrived at her first destination: her mother's bakery. Amira parked out front and strolled inside to pick up Rowan's cake. She examined it thoroughly, ensuring it was perfect, before saying goodbye to her mom and leaving. Then she went to Party City to grab a few balloons and a card.
.....

An hour later...

Amira parked outside Rowan's home and dialed his number. "What are you doing?" She inquired.

"I just got out of the shower. Where are you?"

"I'm outside. Take your time; I'll be downstairs when you're done."

"Alright."

They hung up, and Amira spent the next few minutes bringing everything inside. Once done, she stood in the kitchen, catching her breath as she wrote a nice paragraph for Rowan in his birthday card. She then placed the cluster of balloons off to the side and took a picture of everything.

"Cute," she mumbled to herself. Amira couldn't contain her excitement, so she went upstairs to check on Rowan. She spotted him in the closet and dropped her bag as she moseyed up to him.

"What's in the bag?" He asked, eyeing her intently.

"A surprise, kinda. I think you'll like it, but you have to wait to see it."

Rowan nodded as he pulled Amira out of his closet. He noted how good she smelled, practically smiling as he fixed his beanie.

"Are you ready? It's getting dark."