Chapter 1: Cursed

"So Eliasar this is where you ended up at."

A man that is looking through a window outside of a hospital room hears another male voice. He twitches in anger and annoyance at the memories that voice brings up. It makes his light brown colored eyes a shade darker than normal. Any other case, and they may have glowed in the past.

"I told you Kaien that isn't my name anymore. The moment I met her it stopped being that. I'm Abel now so don't you forget it." The man Kaien Cross smiles at him in spite of the obvious irritation in his voice.

"You were once leader of the most powerful and bloody pureblood clan yet you met a human woman and you do this. You turn yourself and the rest of your clan into regular humans. How you did something like that without sacrificing any lives is amazing." Kaien smiles at the man once known as Eliasar "Bloody" Sanchez.

"It's time to forget the past. I'm no longer who I used to be. He died years ago. For Angelica I will do anything. And I will protect my little girl also." He stares at his new born child. She is restless in her sleep. He looks at her and feels she is different from his nieces and nephews before her.

"Have you noticed El- Abel that she is not the same as the children of your brothers and sisters. I think she's rejecting the seal you placed on their vampire blood." He felt it too. He knew he was right. This girl is different. His pride and joy. His first born daughter may just be capable of rejecting the vampire seal without even knowing it.

"She only has sixteen years. She won't remain human forever." Abel clenches his fists. He wanted to prevent his little girl from the life of a vampire. To live in a world of light and peace.

"What will happen to her? Will she become an Aristocrat? She is after all part human on her mother's side. Well I could be wrong. I mean she is your daughter. You the once powerful leader Eliasar "Bloody" Sanchez." He looks at the girl also. He smiles at the little squirming baby. He makes his choice and decides to help the former pureblood.

"What if you bring her to me in sixteen years? I have a plan insane enough to work." The former pureblood looks at him confused.

"What are you talking about?" He demands to know the answer, but he only smiles at him and answers,

"You'll see in sixteen years, Abel." He then looks at the little baby girl one last time and walks away. The former pureblood Abel watches the man leave and then he looks at his daughter. He goes to see his wife before visiting hours are over.

16 years later:

"Alondra wake up right this instant! You're going to be late!" My dear mother yells at me and wakes me from a wonderful dream I was having.

"Ugh I'm going. I'm going." I say to her, but my actions prove the opposite. Why? Because I cover my head with my sheets in hopes of drifting back to sleep.

She pulls the covers off of me and again begins her nagging. I get up and go to the bathroom just to stop listening to her.

You must be wondering why I'm being rushed, right? Well it started like this. It was a week before first semester testing in my school.

I had received a letter from this school called Cross Academy all the way from Japan. My dream home!

I was excited. I have no friends here. No boyfriend. So nothing or anyone was holding me back. Well except my family. They are hopeless without me. Mostly my little sister. But we don't get along too well. I love her, but like all siblings we have our constant uh "arguments". Anyway It read this,

Parents of Alondra Sanchez:

My name is Headmaster Kaien Cross. The founder of Cross Academy, established ten years ago. An academy for gifted students of various school ages.