Chapter 6: Ball? What Ball?

"Wait don't go after her. I want her to tell him that I'm here." Shizuka smiles at the direction the young vampire girl took. Her companion Ichiru didn't look too convinced. But he would do anything for this woman so he obeys.

Hours later:

"Ouch!" I wake with a start as a bucket falls on my head. I remove it and then I realize that I fell asleep in the little room I had sneaked into hiding from Zero. Looks like it was only a storage closet.

I get up and if I tried hard enough I bet I could hear my bones screaming in agony. That was probably the worst sleep I had in my life.

"Ouch. Man what time is it?" I open the door, and instantly close it. The bright light of the sun is on the other side. It really hurt my eyes.

I try once more to open the door, but with my eyes closed. I walk slowly and feel around. I open my eyes so they can adjust to the horribly bright light. I realized then that I had been in there for hours.

Finally finding the door to the Headmaster's office and open it. It's empty. I look around and see no one.

I look in his desk to see if he had a hat or some sunglasses for me to use. Luckily I found some sunglasses. Not the kind I'd like to wear, but I had no other choice.

With those glasses I could at least bear some of the sunlight. I look out of the window, and see a whole bunch of people outside crowded around. I take a closer look and see my family, the Headmaster, Yuki, and Yagari-sensei. I'm kind of disappointed not to have seen Zero.

I smack my forehead and realize that they are all probably looking for me. I open the window and stick my head out.

"Hey I'm over here!" I yell. They all look up at the window where I was. They all look relieved. Well most of them.

I don't think twice about it I leap from the three story high window. I make the landing. Then my mom kind of loses her color and my dad has to hold on to her. My sister is left opened mouthed. Yuki is too.

"Oh uh oops. I guess they don't know, huh, dad?" I rub the back of my head and giggle nervously. My dad makes a face that says of course I haven't told them, and then my mom finally regains some composure.

"What happened to you? Your hair is so long! How did you jump without killing yourself?!" She is shaking me hard by the shoulders. If she tried hard enough I bet she would have snapped my neck. My dad pulls her off of me telling her to calm down. She grabs him by the shirt and says,

"HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO CALM DOWN MAN?! DID YOU SEE WHAT MY DAUGHTER JUST DID?!" What? You didn't think I got my violent attitude from my dad, did you? I have his temper yes, but I have her attitude. It's hard to explain really.

After she finally calms down we all go to the Headmaster's office. I'm keeping my distance.

The Headmaster and my dad are explaining things to my mom and sister. They stay silent throughout the whole explanation. I'm trying not to fall asleep, but my head and eyes aren't being very cooperative. I was about to fall asleep when I hear this yell,

"Unbelievable!" I jump a mile high at my mom's yell. My adrenaline rushed and my Blue Rose and Black Rose appear.

They all look at me. I put the guns behind my back. I smile innocently and awkwardly make my way out of the Headmaster's office.

I was going to head out and then I turn and smack my face on someone's chest. I rub my nose and look up. There he is again. He looks like he hasn't slept at all. He looks calmer though.

"I-." I start off, but he interrupts me.

"I'm sorry Alondra." I can't help, but raise my eyebrows and blink. I didn't think he was one for apologizing. Then I nod my head in a manner that he knows I forgive him. He removes the glasses that were still on my face.