Chapter 22: And that is how it all happened.

"Don't go!" Both Aido and Takuma say as they both cling to each of my legs. I fake a smile to hide the hurt. I'm surprised that I'm hiding my pain perfectly well. Although it does break my heart inside seeing that Zero didn't come to say goodbye to me. I'm trying to pry my legs free. I could have if I wanted to, but I don't want to.

 "You guys as much as I'd love to stay here my family wants to leave this place. Also they really need me back home. I mean a whole bunch of people must really miss me." I lie to them. They both shake their heads on my legs, and may I add that their hair tickles. Although the humor I'm trying to conjure up isn't really working. I feel like crying, but like I said before "I hate crying in public". They both finally stand up trying to fight off the tears. I give them a small smile hoping they don't cry since I might start crying too.

 "I'm going to miss that smile." Takuma says as he takes my hand in his. I let him kiss it too.

 "I'm going to miss everything about you! Even when you hit me when I try to touch you." Aido says as he lets the tears fall and he hugs me tightly. I didn't feel like being mean to him so I let him hold me.

I close my eyes and blink quickly avoiding tears from falling down my eyes. Then Aido is pulled away from me by Maria. She hugs me tightly too. Usually I would have flinched at her touch considering I really don't like the feeling of breasts on mine. Well actually I hate hugging all together. I say that, but looks like I made one exception which is Zero.

 "You were the only real friend I ever had. I'm really going to miss you, Alondra." She says as she tightens her grip. I can't breathe. I cough hoping that she gets the message. Luckily she did and lets me go. She gives me a once over and nods her head with a sad smile on her face. I smile back at her.

Hugs and farewells also come from Rima, Ruka, Shiki, Yuki, Headmaster Cross, and even Yagari-sensei. I was never really close to the others so they didn't show. Ever since Kaname kidnapped me he has kept his distance from me. Not that I mind honestly.

No one has seen him, and his friends in the Night Class haven't mentioned him at all. I guess it's for the best.

 I have come to the dreaded last goodbye. I look up at Ichiru as he approaches me. We both give each other a smile. Then I hug him by wrapping my arms around his neck as he wraps his around me as well. I can feel him trembling. I can even tell without looking at him that he's crying now.

 "Don't cry, Ichiru. It's going to be okay." I say, and wincing at the crack in my voice. I don't know how much longer I can keep my tears at bay, but all I know is I don't have much time before I burst into tears.

 "I can't help it. I'm really going to miss you. After all you're like the little sister I never had. Thanks to you I was able to get along with my brother again, and thanks to you I was able to see that I was with the wrong vampire this whole time. I owe you so much, but now I won't be able to repay you." He says as he takes my face in his hands. I close my eyes so the moister can go away. Then I give Ichiru a sad smile.

 "You don't owe me a thing. I never told you this, but I always wanted an older brother and thanks to you I have one. So basically we're even. Oh, and Ichiru. . . when you see Zero can you give him this letter?" I tell him as I pull the letter out of my sweater. He looks at the letter for a bit and then takes it. He puts it in his pocket and nods his head to assure me he will. I thank him with a smile as I begin to walk backwards.

"Well, you guys this is it. Thanks so much for everything. I will never forget any of you." I say to them. I wave at them one last time and begin to walk away from them.

If it weren't for my heightened sense of hearing I never would have heard footsteps headed my way. Once I turned around Zero had me in his arms. I was expectant of this moment, but I also didn't want him to show up so I could avoid this awful heart break. This hug just made my heart shatter. It made me so hurt that I finally let the tears fall down in front of everyone. I don't hold him back because if I do I won't be able to let go.