Chapter 17: You're a dead man as soon as I get out of this place!

I look myself over and over in the mirror. The dress Kaname had given me was beautiful, yes, but it was pink. He said it was my favorite color, but I don't seem to agree with him. I only pretended to agree because I'm still not sure about anything. I want to believe him, but I just feel what he is telling me is wrong.

I shudder since a feeling of being called on comes to me. I feel as if someone or something were in my head and body calling to me. It's strange.

I wanted to tell Kaname, but I couldn't find the words or courage to tell him. I keep looking myself over.

This color doesn't suit me. Maybe a black or red would be good. I hear a knock on my door. I go to it and open it half-way. I see Kaname standing there waiting for me with a rose in his hand. If only that felt right. I always feel comforted with roses.

"Roses?" I think to myself. There was something about them that seemed awfully familiar to me. My mind is still a blur though. Every night I try to remember something about me, but nothing appears.

"Are you ready now, Sayuri?" He asks me. I nod my head. Just responding to that name doesn't feel right. He puts his arm out for me and I take it.

We head down the stairs to the dining room. Once there I see three other people there. I'm a little unsettled by them so I move slightly behind Kaname. He puts me in front of him though with his hands on my shoulders.

"Sayuri, you may not remember them, but this is Seiren, Ace, and Lillian." He says to me. I nod my head in understanding. I give them all a forced smile. Ace smiles at me, Lillian glares at me, and Seiren only gives me a blank stare.

Kaname moves me forward. I begin walking. He pulls a chair out for me and I sit. He sits at the head of the table. Some servants bring the food. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until I smelled the wonderful aroma of the food.

Hopefully I can eat with how awkard I feel.

Zero's P.O.V.

"What do you all want?" I say to them ready to fight them off if they try to stop me from going to save Alondra. Maria Kurenai steps up for all of them.

"We want to help save Alondra. She's my friend and I want her safe and sound." She says without the usual childish behavior she constantly shows. I'm still suspicious of them all considering that they are all very obedient to Kaname.

"How do I know this isn't a trick?" I say not trusting any of them for a moment. Ichiru steps in front of me.

"If you were there you'd understand. If I didn't know any better I would say they were a real family. More so than Kaname ever was with them. She refused to have them treat her as anything higher than a regular vampire. If you hadn't noticed with every day that passed her powers grew to that of a pureblood. Don't tell me you didn't notice? I mean you haven't turned into a Level E in fact you're a Noble Class rank by now. Just like her your vampire blood ate away the human blood in you." Ichiru tells me. How could he know all that?

"Sensei told me." He says almost as if he had read my thoughts. Now I see why Sensei was stranger than usual around us both.

"I don't think I can trust them. They've always been faithful to him." What Ichiru told me still won't convince me that they won't betray me at the last minute.

"There is no way I'm letting my princess get hurt." Aido tells me as he steps closer to me. I grip my Bloody Rose. Ichiru grabs on to my arm.

"You're lack of trust is just as bad as Alondra's. No wonder you two connected so easily." He says with a smile on his face. I look away from him.