Chapter 16: Sayuri Sanchez? Is that who I really am?

"What do you want?" Abel coldly says to Zero as he is standing outside of the giant dorm Alondra shares with her family. It's almost like a small apartment especially made for her family.

"I know you may not like me, but I really need to talk to Alondra." Zero tells the glaring Abel. Zero isn't moved by his glare. If he needs to he will keep insisting until he speaks with the young vampire girl. Abel glares at him a little longer. He sees there is no effect so he grunts and moves away from the entrance.

"Follow me. You won't see my daughter alone." He adds as he walks in front of Zero. Zero didn't have this in mind, but he had no choice. They walked to Alondra's room. They knocked, but there was no answer. They tried again, but still no answer.

"She must be sleeping. Oh well leave now." Abel comments coldly. Zero isn't ready to leave. He can feel it inside of him that something is wrong.

Their connection has grown with the moments they spend together and the amount of blood they have taken from each other. It's as if they have been bonded into one mind. He knows there is something wrong since he can't feel Alondra's presence at all. He ignores Abel and bursts the door open. He was right.

Instead of seeing an angry girl at the other end they see her unconscious younger sister. Their father sees her and he enters the room quickly shaking and calling out to his younger daughter. She begins to stir. She slowly opens her eyes and then sits up abruptly.

"Alondra!" She yells. Then she looks around and sees no trace of her older sister.

"What happened? Why were you unconscious, Lucero?" Her father asks her very worried. A dark thought enters his mind.

"Did Alondra do this to you?" He says hoping she hadn't. The younger sister shakes her head quickly.

"No! It wasn't her. She wouldn't hurt me like this. Well, to be exact I wasn't hurt. You see I wanted to come and talk with Alondra because she has been acting weird ever since you told her we were leaving after the school year was over." She says not knowing that Alondra had kept that information hidden from all her peers. Zero is shocked by the news.

"She's what?!" He says in disbelief. Now he understands her strangeness, her hurt expression, and her fake enthusiasm.

"I can tell you that later! Right now we have to save Alondra!" Her sister yells.

"What do you mean? Tell me what happened from the beginning." Her father says to his young daughter trying to sound as calm as he can even though he is torn up inside at this news. The younger sister nods her head and breathes in fighting off tears.

"Like I said before, I only wanted to see if I could talk to her and help her let out her feelings. I knocked, but she didn't answer which was weird. She usually doesn't sleep so much. When you and mom were out this guy I can't think of his name came in carrying Alondra I thought something was wrong with her, but then I saw her wet uniform and she looked like she hadn't slept at all. I told him to take her to her room, and that I would get some clothes for her. He did that. I brought her her clothes. The only thing I could manage to put on her was a white dress she hates to wear." Lucero says and then takes in another breath.

"I thought the guy had left so I put the covers over her, and went to my room. I felt like I needed to talk to her so I went back to her room. When I opened the door I saw the guy again only he was carrying her again and he had opened the window that led to the balcony. I was going to ask him what he was doing, but before I could say anything I felt my body go numb. I fell down. My eyelids felt really heavy, but I managed to see him disappear with her in the shadows. Then I blacked out." She says finally letting the tears fall and clinging desperately to her father.