New School

Ugh. The first day of school. Real school. See, Cady (my sister) and I have been homeschooled in Africa our entire life. But our parents had some shit going on with their jobs, meaning we had to move. Goodbye Africa.

"Oh you two look great! Ready for your first day of school?" Our mom sounded like she was on the verge of crying. "Just remember Cady and y/n, you're gonna do great.." Our dad continues and they both pull us in for a big group hug... right in front of the school, great.

"Yeah... thanks mom.. and dad" I mutter awkwardly.

"Thank you so much guys! Don't worry we'll be totally fine, I'll protect my baby sister if I need to..~" Cady had the most annoying baby voice on the planet.

"I'm A MONTH younger than you!" I muttered. Usually we would be joking about that but I was in a terrible mood. But in case you need me to spell it out for you, we're sisters. Adoptive- but whatever. Cady always gives me shit for being 'younger'.

Just as we were beginning to leave a school bus drove right past us, probably faster than it should be. My mom screamed and Cady reassured her "I'm okay.. I'm okay.."

We eventually walk away heading into school. There was a literal fire in the front of the school which made me laugh. Cady looked so nervous.

"You alright..?" I ask

"Oh uh yeah. Just nervous, that's all. I don't know how you're not freaking out right now" she laughs awkwardly.

"Heh- bold of you to assume I'm not nervous" I try to laugh it off. It was stupid either way, it's just school. It's not like the work is gonna be hard, it's just the social stuff.

"Cady what's your schedule?" I ask.

She pulls out her schedule and hands it to me.

"12th grade calc???" I exclaim out of shock. I know she was good at math but jesus. "We have... science... history... and PE looks like it." I was a little bummed we didn't have more classes but whatever.

"Hey" Cady stops me before I head to my class "Good luck. You'll do just fine"

"Thanks, Cady..." I smile. And I walk off. I eventually found my English class, English. Ugh

English isn't hard. I'm good at english, it's just boring as hell. As soon as I enter I see 'Sit anywhere' written on the whiteboard, obviously I go for the back.

These girls walked in. The two had the most skin-tight shirts on with the tiniest skirts. ugh sluts. One girl was this tiny little brunette while the other one was a blonde who looked like she wasn't sure what was even going on.

I zoned out for a little bit. The teacher was just doing some boring introduction.

"Are you new?" w-what who- It was that blonde girl from earlier.

"Karen hush. Obviously she's new" the brunette chimes in.

I quickly collected myself. "Oh uh- yeah I'm new. I uh- moved her from Africa." Great, just put a target on your back, Y/n.

"Africa? Do you do voodoo witchcraft or hunt ze-" The blonde began to say before the brunette covered her mouth with her hand. Yep, that's the exact reaction I expected.

"Sorry about that. What's your name?"

"Oh I'm y/n" I smile slightly.

"y/n? That's a pretty name." She smiles.

"Really? Thank you so much- uh- what's your name?"

"Oo Oo I'm Karen! and this is Gretchen! It's nice to meet you, y/n" The blo- I mean Karen shakes my hand excitedly.

I giggle a little bit "Nice to meet you Karen, and Gretchen"

"Hey! Whoever's talking back there shut it!" The teacher yells across the room and I tense up a bit. And we all face the front of the class at the same time.

The class eventually ends and Gretchen stops me before we all walk out. "Hey y/n, we'll see you tomorrow!"

I smile and nod "Thanks! See you tomorrow!"

WC: 660