World Burn

~~~MONDAY MORNING~~~

I basically lived at Regina's house for the weekend. Cady texted me many times. Fuck her.

The morning came, Regina got up first. She got out of bed and quickly changed even before I got up. I heard that she went downstairs for a little while. I could've sworn I heard the printer or something.

At around 6:30, she woke me up, with a sweet voice, she said "Hey Y/n. Wake up.." She placed her hand on my face and I slowly opened my eyes.

"Why were you up so early?" I sit up.

"I couldn't sleep. C'mon get dressed. We leave in 30."

I nodded and got out of bed. I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and did my makeup and hair.

We walked to the school, Regina held my hand the whole time. She was on a mission that's for sure.

The morning went by as normal. I saw Cady in health today.

"Y/n where were you all weekend?" Cady turned to look at me while Coach Carr was talking.

"Regina's."

"Why?"

"..."

"Why?"

I ignored her.

"Fine. Whatever. Be like that."

"Cady... Heron? They'd like to see you in the principal's office." Coach Carr announced.

"Oooooo" The entire class said as she walked out of class. I knew what was coming. She deserved it.

Health class ended. Immediately, and I'm saying as soon as I walked out of the gym, I knew something was up. I heard yelling coming from the halls, as I went towards it. Papers were everywhere. Girls were arguing left and right.

"Trang Pak is a grotsky beotch"

"Ms. Norbury's a drug pusher"

"Dawn Schweitzer has a fat ass"

"Janis Ian. Dyke."

"Damian's too gay to function."

"Y/n Heron, Regina's little skank."

"Regina is a fugly slut."

Phrases and rumors were being repeated, read aloud from the papers scattered around everywhere. I was confused, what's going on? Did Regina do this? It had to be.

I tried to make my way through the madness, it started with arguments, then fists were being thrown.

Fuck. Regina..? Karen..? Gretchen..? anybody? Where are they??

Oh yeah. They're probably in the principal's office. That makes sense. But where is Regina..?

"Hey Y/n! This is the perfect opportunity for you and Regina to fuck right here in the middle of the school! I'll watch!" Ugh. Jason. "Take your top off!"

I ignored him. That needy pervert isn't worth my time.

After about 5 minutes, the ceiling sprinklers went off. Screams were heard, I even screamed a little. My hair that I spent 20 minutes on was ruined. Ugh I'm such a plastic. It's just fucking hair.

"ALL JUNIOR GIRLS REPORT TO THE GYMNASIUM IMMEDIATELY! IMMEDIATELY!" Mr Duvall's voice echoed throughout the hallway.

I felt a tug on my arm, and whoever it was rushed me to the gym.

"Janis?"

"Hey Y/n." She gives me a look of... pity?

Damian was there too, he wore sunglasses and a blue hoodie. Ah yes the perfect disguise, if he wasn't a head taller than every girl.

We rushed to the very top of the bleachers and they sat me down next to them. All I could think about was Regina. Where's Regina? Is she okay? What happened?

"Listen Y/n. I think we have a little bit of explaining to do-" Janis started as she looked down a little guilty.

"Huh-? What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Never in my 14 years as an educator have I seen such behavior. And from young ladies." Mr Duvall interrupted. I realized everyone was in the gym, so where's Regina? Even Cady? I know we weren't on the best of terms but-

I honestly don't know what we're even doing. An intervention? With over a hundred girls? How's that even supposed to work? I zoned out as I normally do.

"Someone wrote in the book that I'm lying about being a virgin because I use super jumbo tampons, I can't help it if I have a heavy flow and a wide set vagina!" I overheard one of the girls say. What the actually fuck is going on.

Then after a while, I saw my Regina. Finally, I was so worried.

She stood up "Can I just say, we don't have a clique problem at this school. And some of us shouldn't have to take this workshop because some of us are just victims in this situation?"

I physically cringed. I love her but god, that gave me second hand embarrassment.

"That's probably true, how many of you have ever felt personally victimized by Regina George?" Ms. Norbury smirked. Ehhh she had a point..

Everyone raised their hand. Not me of course. She looked back at me as if to ask for help- she kinda walked into that though. Her face turned red and she sat back down. For once she looked vulnerable, well, in public. She was a real softie with me.

Ms. Norbury made us do this- apology thing? It was stupid. It was some trust fall thing.

I didn't get a chance to ask Janis what she wanted to say. She rushed into the line. Cady did as well. I somehow managed to lose my girlfriend again. I was just standing next to Damian.

Gretchen went up and made some bullshit apology, "I'm sorry everyone is sooo jealous of me. I can't help it if I'm popular." She fell back, only Karen caught her. Ouch- but it was kinda cute.

Eventually Janis was up.

"Mhm yeah I have an apology"

I put her pre-written apology in her pocket.

"So- I have this friend who was a new student this year, and I convinced her that it would be fun to mess with Regina George's life."

It all makes sense now...

"So I had her pretend to be friends with Regina and then she'd come back to my house after and we'd laugh about all the dumb stuff Regina said. We gave her these-" she giggled "Candy Bar things that would make her GAIN weight. We turned her best friend against her, and we lied to her own sister who we thought would mess up our little sabotage- Oh and Cady? You know my friend, Cady, she made out with Regina's boyfriend and convinced him to break up with her. Oh- god we gave ya foot cream instead of face wash- God I'm so sorry Regina, really. I don't know why I did it- it's probably because I have a big- LESSSSBIAN CRUSH ON YOU! SUCK ON THAT! AIAIAIAI"

She fell back into the crowd and everyone cheered her name. I was pushed around in the crowd, but I saw Regina storm off. Everyone secretly craving your demise, and finding out about it like this? I bet it was terrible. Cady followed after her. Oh Cady. That actual bitch.

Everyone was pushing me, I lost Damian, Janis was currently being held up by everyone else. I know it was Janis who started this whole thing, but it's the fact that Cady lied to me about it..

I saw Regina. She stormed off exiting the building. Cady was following her.

The crowd eventually moved outside, I was still stuck in the middle of it all.

I couldn't tell you what happened.

It was a blur.

A bright yellow blur.