Hamilton: Burn

"Time for something else," Zia says, typing on her remote.

Izuku opened his mouth to speak, but decided against it, knowing he wasn't going to be answered.

The screen faded in, showing Katsuki sitting on the ground, with letters scattered on the ground around her. There was a lantern in front of her as well. Her hair looked messy and there were bags under her eyes. She looked tired.

"What's wrong with her?" Mina asks, frowning.

Zia places a finger to her lips. "You'll find out," She says, sighing dramatically, placing the back of her hand to forehead.

"I saved every letter you wrote me," Katsuki whispers, her voice melodic. She sounds like she had been crying. "From the moment I read them, I knew you were mine. You said you were mine. I thought you were mine."

"Oh no.." Izuku says, a deep frown on his face. "I think I know where this is going."

Katsuki frowns. "Do you know what Mina said, when we saw your first letter arrive?" She sings. "She said, 'Be careful with that one, love, He will do what it takes to survive'." His voice was whispery.

"So Mina knows that Kirishima wasn't a good idea," Ochako says, before wincing at looking at Eijiro. "No offense."

Eijiro shrugs. "I don't care," He says. "It's not me."

"You and your words flooded my senses," Katsuki sings, her voice getting more powerful. A frown tugs at her lips. "Your sentences left me defenseless, you built me palaces out of paragraphs, you built cathedrals.."

The slow realization came to the group. "No way," Eijiro says, frowning. "No, there's no way I would ever.."

"I'm re-reading the letters you wrote me," Katsuki sings, throwing the letter she was holding and grabbing another. "I'm searching and scanning for answers in every line," Her eyes were scanning the words a mile a minute. "For some kind of sign, and when you were mine."

Tears prick Katsuki's eyes as she tears another letter in half. "The world seemed to burn.." She sings, and fire starts licking at the ground in a circle around her. "Burn.."

"You published the letters she wrote you," Katsuki says, a grimace on her face.

A shadowy image of Eijiro and Jirou appear through the flames, dancing together in the waltz around slowly. Katsuki's eyes traced them with envy.

Everyone gapes. "Me?" Eijiro and Jirou whisper in unison. Katsuki stares at the screen with disdain.

"You told the whole world how you brought this girl into our bed," Katsuki sings, her voice more powerful as tears slip down her cheeks. "In clearing your name, you have ruined our lives~."

"That was a beautiful run, stop it," Jirou says, sobbing already. Denki and Mina nod in agreement.

"Do you know what Mina said?" Katsuki sings, glaring at the shadowy figure of Eijiro. "When she read what you'd done? She said, 'You've married an Icarus. He has flown too close to the sun'."

"You and your words obsessed with your legacy, your sentences border on senseless," The fire around Katsuki grew as her anger did. "And you are paranoid in every paragraph. How they perceive you.."

"Dude, what the fuck, other me?" Eijiro says, crossing his arms. "I can't believe I did this, it's so stupid, thinking you can just cheat on someone."

"You, you, you!" Katsuki sings, ripping more letters and throwing them to the fire circle. She smashes and crushes the others with her fists. "I'm erasing myself from the narrative, let future historians wonder how Katsuki reacted, when you broke her heart~!"

"You have torn it all apart, I'm watching it burn," Katsuki sings, standing up. Her dress barely shy's away from the flames. "Watching it burn.."

"The world has no right to my heart, the world has no place in our bed! They don't get to know what I said!" Katsuki sings, swirling around, crumpling the letters. "I'm burning the memories, burning the letters that might have redeemed you!"

"Slay!" Mina says, pumping her fist in the air. "Bakubabe is such a badass!"

"Deserved," Eijiro says.

Tsuyu blinks at Eijiro. "It sounds very strange hearing you say such stuff about yourself in another universe," She says bluntly.

Eijiro shrugs. "Yeah, I guess," he responds.

"You forfeit all rights to my heart! You forfeit the place in our bed!" Katsuki almost screams. "You'll sleep in your office instead! With only the memories of when you were mine~!"

"I can't get over how good Bakugo is at singing," Momo says, smiling.

"I know, right!" Denki says, pouting. "I wish I could sing like that."

Katsuki pauses, looking at the shadowy figure of Eijiro. The figure of Jirou disappears in a puff of smoke. She reaches out to touch the figure of Eijiro but stops before she can reach it. She glares at him instead.

"I hope that you burn.." She finishes.

A huge round of applause moves through the theater. Everyone, aside from Katsuki, Endeavor, All For One, and Tomura, were all clapping.

"Katsukiiiii!!" Eijiro says, shaking Katsuki by the shoulders. "I'm so sorry for what I did to you!"

The blonde just rolls his eyes.

"You have to sing with the band when we go back," Jirou pleads to Katsuki. "Are you any good at writing songs?"

Katsuki glares at her. "What makes you think I-"

"Yes, he wants to, and he's amazing at song writing," Zia answers for him. "He has three books filled to the brim with some of his songs, all of them are sunset orange on the top shelf of his second bookshelf, next to the books about how to sing different octaves, belting, and falsetto."

Katsuki flushes red as Zia smirks. The bakusquad grins.

"Great!" Zia says, clasping her hands together. "He'd love to, you all can write songs together when you get back."

"Hey, I didn't agree to that-" Katsuki starts.

Zia stares at him. "Oh, but you thought it," She says, almost fangirling. "And we all know how much," She starts stage-whispering. "You like singing."

The whole class starts giggling as Katsuki gets more flustered.

"Dude, why didn't you tell us how much you liked singing?" Denki questions. "It's such a waste. You could've sang with Jirou at the festival."

Katsuki just shrugged.

<^> To Be Continued

(1k words)

:D