The Campfire Song

"Ready?" Zia says.

"I mean, we could use a snack-"

Zia snaps her fingers and everyone's favorite meals appear in front of them. "Set! GO!" She exclaims, and presses a button on her remote.

The screen fades in to show Camp Half-Blood at night, with everyone around the fire singing and eating.

"Oh this already looks good," Sero says.

The camera focuses on Katsuki, who had a scar on one of his eyes. He smirks and holds up a cup of some golden drink. "Come on, grab some ambrosia, and let the nectar flow," He says.

Izuku was shown standing awkwardly in the middle of the crowd, looking at the kids placing some food in the fire. "Why is everyone scraping part of their plate into the fire? Is the food here really that bad?" He asks Katsuki.

Katsuki just rolls his eyes. "Offering to the gods." He explains. "It's not enough that they're omnipotent and all-powerful, they need to feel appreciated. To the gods!"

"He sounds very bitter about the 'gods'," Sero notes. "Also, why does Bakugo always have a scar, huh?"

Zia shrugs. "Aesthetic, maybe?" She questions.

"To the gods!" The rest of the camp cheers.

Katsuki smirks at Izuku. "Oh things couldn't be worse, when your parents run the universe," He sings.

"MORE BAKUGO SINGING YES PLEASE!" Mina and Jirou shout together.

"My dad is Hermes. He messengers things," Katsuki sings, raising his glass again. "You'll know his sign by his shoes with those wings." The camera switches briefly to a younger Katsuki waiting by a landline. "I'd wait by the phone, but the phone never rings. Oh no.."

"Yikes, imagine having an absent dad," Kaminari says, shaking his head.

Izuku gives Kaminari a smile. "I don't have to imagine," He says. Kaminari stares back at him, looking pale.

"When your dad's a god, life can be tough," Katsuki sings. He looks more angry. "I met the guy once, and once was enough."

More people wince.

Katsuki looks over at Todoroki, who was sipping at his drink with a blank look. "Todoroki?" He says.

Mina gasps in happy surprise. "Will we get a number from Todoroki?" She whispers excitedly.

Zia grins at her, making Mina squeal.

"My mom's Athena," Shoto starts, rolling his eyes. "She's smart and she's wise. She's sworn off gluten and she's sworn off guys."

The camera shows a shadowy image of Rei in regal armor standing over him.

"But if she came to camp, it'd be a surprise," Shoto sings, sighing. "Oh no.."

Rei frowns. "It seems all the children have bad parents in this universe," Aizawa says. "But that doesn't make you one."

The mother smiles at him.

Katsuki and Denki exchange a glance. "Oh no.." They sing in unison.

"Oh, and my stepmom, she hates me, and my dad works all day," Shoto continues singing, leaning forward at his table and crossing his arms. "So I left Virginia and I ran away."

Izuku looks alarmed. "Wait, is that true?" He questions.

"Everybody!" Katsuki shouts.

"Damn, they don't even care anymore, they're just so used to it," Tokoyami says. "Revelry in the dark."