THREE / buggy 'nose' all.

EPISODE 02 : THE MAN IN THE STRAW HAT( buggy 'nose' all )

IN THE STRAW HAT
( buggy 'nose' all )

WAVES ROCKED THE ship gently back and forth, the perfect movements to send anjali's eyes fluttering shut upon the long journey.

nami and luffy were busy on the deck trying to open the safe, while anjali tried to catch up on her sleep; which she had not gotten for a few fair days.

zoro was stubbornly leaned against the wooden support pillar on the ship, his face a few feet away from anjali's. the copper haired woman payed no attention to him, even though he constantly nagged her.

"pearl." he whispered softly through half-lidded eyes, sleepiness also consuming his senses like a warm blanket.

"hmm?" all she could do was hum in response, keeping her eyes shut. he was too close for comfort as it was already.

"am i forgiven yet?" zoro asked.

anjali let out a short breath through her nose, imitating laughter as best as she could without actually opening her mouth.

"no."

turning, anjali made herself comfortable facing the wall so her back was to him, not caring that the green haired man was glaring daggers at her.

fortunately, he'd taken the hint and also crossed his arms, snuggling into himself as much as he could. the man didn't even comment on the eggshell white sword that his old friend had tucked safely in her arms, never once letting go as if it would disappear before her very eyes.

just then, loud victorious noises sounded from outside. anjali groaned, squeezing her eyes shut in order to pretend like this had not thrown off her almost asleep self.

calloused hands gently scuffed her auburn hair, pushing her back down to the place she was previously curled up against.

"go back to sleep. i'll check it out." zoro murmured.

anjali swatted his hand away and yawned, heeding his words but only because she was too tired to get up anyway.

soon, her semi-conscious mind heard their voices grow louder as they entered the inside of the ship. her memory grew hazy with the strange talks about this grand line and king of the pirates.

anjali distinctly remembered reading something about them, though her recollection was too fuzzy at the moment.

then the boat rocked, like a crib lulling a baby to sleep, back and forth. though this one was rather violent, it worked all the same.

red filled anjali's fading vision before everything went black, the final echo of a yell being her name and hands wrapping around her.

‎ ‎

‎ ‎