TWELVE / the fishmen's spokesperson.

EPISODE 06 : THE CHEF & THE CHORE BOY( the fishmen's spokesperson )

( the fishmen's spokesperson )

FATE WAS NEVER on anjali's side. not that she believed much in the inner workings and far fetched of what was deeply rooted in a storyteller's mind.

fate, destiny, all those things that were only applicable to the dreamer, and not the realists. if there even was such a thing, kumar anjali would certainly not grace the palm of the being that controlled it.

for that reason, it was her wits (or what she had left of them) keeping her afloat on the dangerous journey to accepting the life she now lived. not fate, or some predetermined destiny set out for anjali to walk a path and follow the hands of a spiritual guide.

simply anjali, and her messed up moral compass to lead her through the stormy seas.

‎ ‎

‎ ‎

THE WHOLE DAY went by with anjali tethered to zoro's side, telling him stories of anything and everything she could think of.

eventually a thick storybook had found itself situated on her lap, her tired eyes tumbling over the words after her lack of sleep.

if it was to get the bedridden man better as quickly as possible, skipping a few naps wouldn't kill anjali. though it did make her feel world's more drained than ever.

the copper haired woman set her focus on the quiet room and the pirate hunter's labored breaths, her eyes watching his chest rise and fall.

outside, nami had finally made an appearance, and she and the rest of the crew were arguing over something. anjali didn't know whose side she would choose upon hearing the argument, so she decided to give herself a little more time to think before diving into that end of the pool.

zoro was beginning to gain color on his face, and his once clammy and cold hands were warming up with life. it was a relief to anjali, since she had so confidently proclaimed that the man would wake up.

gently brushing away a strand of hair off of the man's forehead, anjali allowed her eyes to soften at the sight of him, seeing only the small, green-haired village kid she grew up with.

it was surreal seeing how much a person could change, both physically and emotionally.

at last, her gaze was averted to the growing sound of voices and yelling coming from the main room, and anjali took that as her cue to go investigate.

the copper haired woman slipped quietly out of the room, entering the kitchen, where nami, luffy, usopp, and sanji were standing.

"they are hunting you. we need to run." nami pleaded, staring at luffy.