SIXTEEN / park renovation, straw hat style.

EPISODE 08 : WORST IN THE EAST( park renovation, straw hat style )

( park renovation, straw hat style )

ARLONG LEFT THE village in ruins. crumbling foundations of the houses that once stood as homes for the villagers were all that the straw hat crew could see.

ash coated every inch of the floor, filling and burning anjali's nostrils as she stared at the mess in front of her.

fire. it was such a dangerously consuming thing.

the auburn haired woman offered nami her silent condolences, gently rubbing her back and ignoring the tears dripping down the tangerine haired woman's face.

sanji and usopp were busy helping the villagers douse the smaller fires with the remaining water from their half-empty well.

the villagers, led by that same scarred man — genzo was his name, began approaching the straw hat crew. at his side was nojiko, who seemed to have had a change of heart after learning the truth behind nami's so-called 'betrayal'.

"what's going on?" the tangerine haired woman asked, drying her tears and stepping away from anjali to get closer to the villagers.

"nojiko told us about your sacrifice. we didn't know. can you ever forgive us?" genzo asked, looking at nami — this time not in fear, but in guilt and admiration.

nami shook her head, and the tears slowly began their buildup against her lower lashes. "there's nothing to forgive. coco village is my home."

"then it's our turn to sacrifice. we're done living in fear," he announced. "we're gonna march arlong park. if those fishmen want a fight —"

"— that's not a fight, that's a massacre. you will all be killed." nami protested, hoping to save at least what remained of her home.

"if there is no hope for us to buy our freedom, then i say we die trying to fight for it!" the villagers yelled in agreement, lifting their weapons in the air.

nami watched them, painfully. she didn't want to lose anymore to arlong. "no, everyone, please! i — i won't let you do that. this is my fight."

luffy took a step forward. "no."

his voice shocked the crew. never did luffy sound so fueled by anger, so enraged. "this is our fight. right guys?"

anjali nodded, taking her spot beside zoro. this time, he didn't grip his katana. instead, his hand found hers and he gave it a gentle squeeze.

"feeling doubtful?" the woman whispered, smoothing her thumb against his calloused knuckles.

the swordsman's lips raised into a small smirk. "no. what's there to be doubtful about?"

anjali grinned. "you're damn right."