EIGHTEEN / if i had one more second.

EPISODE 08 : WORST IN THE EAST( if i had one more second )

( if i had one more second )

THE AIR SMELLED of tangerines, a sweet scent wafting into anjali's nose.

she turned from the side-bed from within the going merry, face still buried into the material.

the auburn haired woman could still smell the tangy scent from coco village, even now that she was in the ship.

"look who's finally up." a smooth voice chuckled softly, and anjali's groggy mind hardly registered the gentle hand brushing away the hair from her face.

she blinked, once, twice. the slightly blurry image of green hair filled her vision before her eyesight cleared and anjali found a pair of big brown eyes staring right back at her.

"morning." she grinned sleepily.

"it's noon." he replied, fiddling with her hair.

"oh." anjali paused, yawning and stretching her limbs that had been curled up in a ball all day. "well, good afternoon, then."

zoro was warm, the day was warm, and anjali's stomach felt warm.

it was their final day in coco village, and everybody was saying their goodbyes. well, mostly nami.

her and nojiko had disappeared into someplace within the tangerine grove. luffy was out on the front porch of their childhood home, eating the orange fruit and awaiting her return. the rest of the crew was waiting upon her return, all huddled up in the kitchen.

anjali smiled to herself, content rising up within her so rapidly that her face muscles just had to mirror the serenity she felt within.

"what are you so happy about?" the green haired man asked.

anjali closed the small distance between them as she switched from laying down to sitting, so that they were shoulder to shoulder.

"nothing. i'm just glad." the woman hummed.

"for?"

"everything." anjali finished, her fingers finding zoro's and gently massaging them as if they were fidget toys.

he turned his hand to face palm-up, and anjali smiled gently and allowed their fingers to intertwine.

"i don't know what i'd do without you." he murmured, so softly that anjali had to pause to make sure she was hearing it correctly.

"get lost, that's for sure." the auburn haired woman laughed, though her cheeks burned crimson.

she had grown up with this man. seen him at his worst, at his best, and even the in betweens. if there was anyone who knew roronoa zoro, it would be kumar anjali.

she'd seen him before he was taller, stronger — just a boy with green hair who cried into her clothes about being made fun of for his unnatural hair color.