FIFTEEN / pomegranates and green grapes.

EPISODE 07 : THE GIRL WITH THE SAWFISH TATTOO( pomegranates & green grapes )

( pomegranates & green grapes )

ANJALI WAS A sympathetic woman. she tried to make excuses for everyone she cared for, and when they came back, she'd greet them with open arms and forgive even the worst of heart-aches they caused simply because it was less painful than living without them.

she had done it once for roronoa zoro, and she would do it again for nami. their words struck her, and she couldn't help but bleed a little, but in the end, it would always be anjali, waiting upon the return of those who wronged her.

this time, however, there was a difference. nami's words didn't hurt as much, and her glares were not necessarily directed towards them. she seemed to use those oceany eyes to plead for them to help her, to save her from the misery she was in.

no one voluntarily befriends the enemy unless it is to ultimately take everything away from them and ruin what they worked so hard for.

and anjali knew — nami was doing just that.

‎ ‎

‎ ‎

NAMI WAS NO traitor. anjali finally understood an inkling as to why the woman had cast them away to be with arlong and his crew.

there was something else rooted within her heart, keeping her by his side like a chin dragging down her feet in place.

anjali felt sorry for the people of coco village, and she felt sorry for nami who had spent all those years being berated by glares from people she had once called family.

she felt sorry for nojiko, who had to bear the death of her mother alone, without knowing her sister had given up her freedom to save them.

their crew was crumbling slowly. luffy had left, currently outside stargazing on the roof. zoro had volunteered to go talk to him, so anjali stayed put as to not intrude on their conversations.

when zoro wanted to, he could be kind. his words were short, but they were like a warm blanket wrapping around her, guarding her.

after a few minutes of awkward silence, anjali stood up from her chair.

"i'm gonna get some air." she told them quietly, sidestepping around sanji to get to the front door.

the auburn haired woman opened the door just as zoro was reaching out for it, and the two stared at each other awkwardly.

"you finished with your talk?" anjali asked, motioning to the roof.

the pirate hunter nodded in response. she smiled slightly.

"i'm going to walk around a bit. care to join?" the woman asked.

the green haired man didn't even have to think. he shrugged his shoulders and mumbled a small, 'sure' before anjali closed the door behind her.