TEN / one step forward, ten steps back.

EPISODE 05 : EAT AT BARATIE !( one step forward, ten steps back )

( one step forward, ten steps back )

FOR THE SAKE of keeping the peace, anjali and zoro sat down across from nami and usopp, who were patiently waiting, a drink in one's hand and a bowl of some substance in the other's, at the front of the restaurant/ship.

nami raised an eyebrow at their lengthy disappearance. "where did you two run off to?"

the tangerine haired woman took notice of the reddish tint to anjali's eyes and the tears staining her cheeks, even though her mouth crinkled upwards in a smile.

"we were just talking. nothing bad." anjali assured.

"you sure?" the woman asked, narrowing her eyes suspiciously. she didn't like the way zoro slightly shifted in his seat guiltily.

he pulled over a waiter, muttering his and anjali's orders before turning back to the group.

"yeah." the copper haired woman nodded with a small smile, grateful to have another girl on board the crew with whom she could share her thoughts.

despite nami's closed-offness, she was pretty understanding when she wanted to be. like a stone weighing anjali's hand down when she felt too light to stay tethered to the ground.

her eyes flickered down to her half-drunken glass, forgetting her initial suspicions over her two crew mates.

"that glass have gold on the bottom or what?" zoro asked nami.

she rose her head up to look at him. "hmm?"

"you haven't stopped staring at it."

nami paused, thinking for a while. "you seriously don't think what luffy did is messed up?"

"yeah, he should've told us." now with a drink in hand, he handed one to anjali who let out a small chuckle.

"what's so funny?" he asked.

she waved a hand in dismissal. "nothing." the words 'you're one to talk' were left to die on her tongue.

"anyway, in case you hadn't noticed, we've been making enemies everywhere we go. psycho clowns, killer butlers. what's a vice admiral gonna do to us?" he continued.

nami shook her head. "no, you don't get it. i can't get caught. now when i'm so close. . ."

she cut herself off. the table was filled with usopp's loud slurping, still drinking from the same bowl-thingy without saying a word.

"so, who's ready for another drink?" the tangerine haired woman asked suddenly.

anjali raised her now empty glass, noticing the awkward atmosphere. "you know i am."

with a quick nod, the woman stood up and left to go get them second drinks. anjali watched her, only to turn back and see that usopp had deserted his seat at the table and was now completely drunk, dancing mindlessly to the music.