SIX / happy birthday kaya.

EPISODE 03 : TELL NO TALES( happy birthday kaya )

( happy birthday kaya )

WHEN KAYA HAD said 'a small gathering' for her birthday party, she really meant it.

other than the staff and the straw hat crew, the only guest was a man resembling a sheep named merry.

anjali had entered the room with compliments from nami, who seemed to be the only person in the room who had acquired taste.

luffy being luffy was chowing down on appetizers with usopp, who was sharing his 'great adventures' on the sea. anjali doubted the man had ever even stepped foot out of syrup village.

with nothing much to do since nami was trying to get merry to spill the secrets on the ship making business, anjali found herself standing by the makeshift bar, a glass of what looked to be some type of liquor in her hand.

footsteps approached her, and anjali turned slightly only to spot zoro.

he was wearing a dark orange, almost brown, silk shirt with a black suit over.

"why are you wearing a shirt that's the same color as my hair? now we look like a damn couple." anjali snapped quietly as he took a glass from the table.

pausing, he looked back down at his shirt before racking his eyes over anjali.

"didn't even notice." the green haired man shrugged, taking a sip. "besides, your dress matches my hair. who's fault is that?"

anjali rolled her eyes. "touché."

she turned away to swipe an appetizer from one of the staff's trays, leaving zoro's eyes to linger on her for just a little while longer.

her light green dress complimented her copper hair just as nami had previously mentioned. the eggshell colored sword was tied to her waist by a small string the same color as the dress. her outfit paired with her tan skin and pretty face, anjali looked breathtaking. so much so that zoro had trouble keeping his gaze off of her, having to resort to chugging drink after drink to shake away his wandering thoughts.

"mm, this is good." anjali commented, mindlessly raising the half-bitten appetizer to the green haired man's lips. "try it."

he hesitantly leaned down to take a bite, only to have the whole thing shoved into his mouth. the auburn haired woman erupted in a fit of giggles at the look of shock on his face.

"sorry," she choked in between laughter. "you looked so stupid."

zoro allowed a small smile to grace his lips as he stared down at her, laughing softly.

"i take this as you're accepting my apology?" he asked, bringing a hand to wipe away the crumbs against anjali's face.

she raised an eyebrow, humming slightly. "i'll think about it, pirate hunter."