𝟑 - 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆

Gwen's mind was a haze.

She struggled to keep her eyes open, her eyelids heavy.

She stared at the picture of Peter, on her phone, allowing the tears to roll down her cheeks.

She laid on her bed, wearing one of his sweaters, which was way too big for her, she sniffed it, his scent still on it, she sobbed quietly, not wanting to alert her father of her crying.

She missed him.

She missed him so much.

Why didn't she save him?

Why didn't she get that debris off him time?

"It's all my fault."

She had so many emotions running through her at once. She wanted to cry, scream, shout and break things. She wanted to hurt, she glanced to the scissors on her dresser. She quickly shakes her head, she couldn't — she promised she wouldn't. She hiccuped, staring at the photo as she sobbed.

She glanced at the time after what felt like 2 hours of sobbing as she stared at pictures, text messages and things that reminded her of him.

2AM

She had band practice tomorrow, she couldn't miss it.

She sniffed, wiping her tears and turning off her phone, taking in deep breath as she laid back on the bed, wrapping her arms around herself, giving herself a tight hug, just like Peter would. Whenever she was upset, he'd rock her back and worth, hugging her tightly.

He was her platonic soulmate.

And now he was gone.

"Peter..."

She sobbed silently as she slowly fell asleep, hugging herself in Peter's sweater and rocking back and forth on her bed softly.

.
.
.
.

The smell of pancakes filled her nose as she woke up, dragging herself to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror as she brushed her teeth; she looked a mess, her eyes puffy and red from how hard she was crying, her mascara and eyeliner running down her face, her blonde hair a mess, she quickly washed her face with cold water, removing any evidence of her tears, not wanting her dad to ask questions. He was already cornered enough.

She took a cold shower, getting changed for band practice, wearing one of Peter's sweaters, light blue denim shorts, a studded belt with short black ankle socks, throwing on a pair of doc marten boots, putting on studded and spiked bracelets on, a thin velvet choker on her neck.

She put eyeliner on her waterline, with mascara, the usual makeup, leaving her short blonde hair down, putting in her eyebrow ring in her eyebrow piercing. She shoved her spidersuit in her tote-bag, just in case.

She walked into the kitchen, her tote-bag on her shoulder, seeing her dad there, in his police uniform, she frowned, remembering what his main goal was; arresting spiderwoman, and the conversation they had yesterday morning. She hadn't really spoke to him since then, ignoring him, skipping dinner just to avoid speaking to him.