𝟕 - 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐄𝐒

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐔𝐄𝐒

Gwen sat in her windowsill, staring out the window as her mind was a haze, thinking about Betty's words at band practice about [name].

"So... you.... like like her?"

Did she?

She shook her head, her eyebrows narrowed. There was no way —- she didn't need distractions, sexuality and dating would be a big one. She had to focus on one thing and one thing only; her job as spiderwoman and protecting people, and.. maybe a big of angry drumming as well.

She had to do it....for Peter. She couldn't let him down.

Getting distracted would just lead to her getting hurt, and she didn't need that right now.

She got up, grabbing her backpack and glancing at herself in her full body length mirror, a frown on her face. She was wearing her ugly school uniform, her white school shirt, her grey jumper with the school logo and the itchy long skirt, her worn out, muddy converse shoes on her feet. Her short blonde hair was down, messy, her waterline covered in messy black eyeliner, her mascara on her eyes.

"Idiot." She whispered to her reflection, before grabbing her headphones and her phone, shoving them in her bag, getting ready for another day at her shitty school.

She walked out of her room, walking to the kitchen and grabbing a cereal bar, taking a big bite as she walked to the front door, her headphones in blasting loud punk music. She stopped when a voice called out to her.

"Gwen —- are you not going to eat breakfast, honey?"

Her dad.

She took off her headphones, the loud music still blasting out, "uh —- no. Not really hungry —- this cereal bar's fine." She mumbled a quick response, not turning around to face him, still facing the door, gesturing to the cereal bar in her hand, "I'm gonna miss my bus and be late."

She reached to open the door so she could leave but she heard her dad stand up, walking towards her, she rolled her eyes, turning to him, looking up at her dad, his blonde short hair messy, wearing his police uniform, ready for work.

"Let me drop you off to school." He spoke, grabbing his coat and putting it on, grabbing his keys.

She opened her mouth to protest —- but quickly shut it, knowing there was no point. She hated getting dropped off to school by her dad, he'd always drop her off in front of everyone in his police car, meaning everyone would see her come out of a police car, rumours starting. She hated everyone at that stupid school.

She rolled her eyes once more, following him to the car and sitting in the back, putting her headphones in, the silence filling the car as he drove her to school, only the sounds of her loud rock music blasting in her ears, bleeding out her headphones slightly.

Her dad glanced to her in the back every now and then, before focusing on the front of the car, keeping his eyes on the road, listening to the light chatter of the radio in case he got called in.

He frowned, the silence deafening as he drove to her school, his daughter staring out the window with her loud music blasting.