𝟏𝟕 - 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄

Gwen knew this place all too well.

The purple and blue lights.

The balloons.

The bleachers.

Girls in big dresses, boys in suits, taking their dates to the dance floor.

Homecoming.

She felt herself get shoved out the way by someone going to the dance floor, people crashing into her as she stood in the way.

She looked down at herself — she was wearing her long light pink dress mixed with a light purple, fishnets on her legs with her big platform boots, her fishnet gloves on her hand with her layered studded belt, with a choker on her neck, her leather jacket on with her pins on the jacket.

Why was she back here again?

She flinched slightly at a cold hand being placed on her arm, looking over to see a familiar face.

A face she had missed so dearly.

"...Peter....?"

She felt herself freeze up at the sight of him.

His brown hair with slight curls, his light brown eyes, the slight freckles on his cheeks, his big round nerdy glasses that were way too big for his face —- a black suit on his body with a red tie, a matching rose bracelet on his wrist, matching with Gwen, hers also on her wrist.

"Gwen....you okay? You look —- you look like you've seen a ghost."

She couldn't speak.

The sound of his soft voice speaking to her as he pushed up his glasses, a small soft smile on her lips.

He was just as handsome as she remembered.

A small yelp came out of his lips as she wrapped her arms around his body, burying her face in his shoulder, catching him by surprise as his eyes widened, slowly putting his hands on her hair, stroking her short blonde locks softly.

"Gwen—?"

"I'm sorry—" she managed to choke out over the loud music playing, "I'm sorry — I'm sorry—- I'm sorry — I'm sorry I couldn't save you."

Gwen felt his body slowly crumble in her touch, like a delicate flower she had broken with her hands, her eyes widened as she let out a gasp, her blue eyes scanning around the dance.

The villain had attacked, people running, screaming and things been thrown around everywhere.

Gwen looked down at herself, seeing her dress had been switched to her spidersuit, covered in blood and dirt from the battle, her eyes beneath her mask adverted to a huge piece of debris that fell down onto a weak figure.

She felt her legs beginning to run, panting heavily as her mind was filled with memories.

Memories she wanted to bury.