Chapter Six: TREVON

Trevon could hear her scream over the crowd. It also didn't help that everyone passing him would stop and glance in the direction the security detail was dragging his very strong and unfiltered sister, away. Strangers whispered just as the familiar people on Meckam did. None of them knew the lengths Ari had gone to in order to escape the prison she was being forced to stay on alone.

He tightened his eyelids, waiting for her cries to fade. His heart ached, pulling down on his chest.

Trevon's voice cracked, "How is allowing her to be arrested going to protect her?" after a deep breath he reopened his eyes to see General Bishop. Though the man standing beside him in scruffy civilian clothes, with uncombed brown hair wasn't there in a Military capacity. He was just Uncle Clint.

"Keep your eyes forward," Uncle Clint said as he looked past Trevon, double checking that Ari hadn't broken away. Firmly he gripped Trevon's shoulder in that stern way of comforting him. "We can't shelter her from this one. She has to realize the weight of her actions."

Trevon scratched the back of his head, "Her actions are to make a new home. Meckam's destination will turn into a life sentence. She'll never be able to come back."

As if he'd recently had this same argument Uncle Clint let out a long sigh. "They've been redirected to the Danza Sector. It's not a life sentence, I will make sure she can comes back when it's time."

"That's out past Clone Earth Melvin. It's an entirely new sector of space."

General squeezed his shoulder before releasing him. "I know it doesn't make sense, but it is truly the only way to protect her."

"I protect her. I have always protected her."

The General shook his head, "That is not your responsibility. You're going to the academy, your future needs your complete focus. I'm sorry. But the safest place for her is the farthest from civilization possible."

Trevon looked again at the military transport check in. He'd been hesitating long before his Uncle had found him. He'd been watching the line of people shift. Analyzing each person and their expression, he could tell who was ranked Military, who was visiting, and who were new recruits. The longer he watched the more out of place he felt.

He couldn't use his ability while at the Academy though he wondered what would happen if he did. Would they kick me out? And how would that reflect on Ari, or Dad's legacy? That thought prompted him to turn around and leave. He needed to learn more about what he could do. At a CE University he could research it without being watched. But - halfway back to the planet transports Trevon stopped again - Logically he didn't have money for tuition or a place to live a CE Planet.

Glancing at his duffle bag where the small donation to his future was tucked away Trevon calculated he'd last a few months on his own. He didn't know the steps it took to apply to the university. The easier route was to go to the academy where all of that was taken care of for him.

Trevon turned on his heels, hiked his bag up on his shoulder and marched back down the hall again. You're making the right decision. He tried convincing himself focusing on each step he took forward. The closer to the military transport he got the heavier his feet became. Ari is sure to make it to the academy someday. I need to be there when she does. He pushed himself again the instant his feet stopped moving. She's going to need my help and I can't help if I'm not there.

It was at that point Uncle Clint had found him, telling him not to react to what was about to happen. Which turned out to be one of the hardest things Trevon had ever done.

He turned to Uncle Clint, "How did you know Ari was coming?"

Uncle Clint sunk his hands into his pockets and swallowed hard, "She sent me an S.O.S."