Chapter 1

Golden Earth Orphanage.

The orphanage housed about eight kids with Beyoncé being the oldest of the bunch having just turned seventeen in September.

There were the twins, Maxine and Maxwell who were thirteen years old, after which were Daniel, Cody and Ryan who everyone called 'the unrelated triplets' as they were all born closely in the same year being about ten years of age.

Then there was Eleanor, a cute three year old who everyone in the orphanage adored seeing as she was dropped off at their doorstep about a year back, dirty and clinging on to a little baby— Evelyn— who was her sister that had just turned one.

The kids in the orphanage were nice and all, they always tried cheering her up when she was in extremely depressive moods and knew when exactly to grant her, her space, yet Beyoncé just couldn't see herself getting attached.

Funny to think that all the kids here weren't the ones she met when she started living here about seven years ago.

Today was a Monday morning, the windows stained with the little specs of left over raindrops that had been falling heavily the night before.

Beyoncé hadn't gone to school with the other children today seeing as she had felt seriously sick in the morning. Mrs Eden saying it was okay for her to rest up for the day which was exactly what she was doing now as she laid up in her bed reading one of her favorite novels of all time... How to kill a mockingbird.

Mrs Eden was a sweet woman really, probably in her late 40s to mid 50s. She took care of all the children and made sure they were all well fed but somehow, somewhere Beyoncé just couldn't find it in herself to let the woman or anyone else she'd come in contact with in.

Slowly getting up from where she sat, she walked over to the dresser nearly tripping herself on the air mattress laid out on the floor set up neatly besides her bed.

It was supposedly for some new girl Mrs Eden had informed her of not even thirty minutes prior to now. Apparently she herself had also been informed of her arrival on a very short notice so that would just have to suffice until she could get the girl a better bed.

There were about five rooms total in the house, so everyone had to share it with one other person. Beyoncé was the only one without a roommate so it had to be her room that the girl would be staying in and honestly she wasn't happy about the fact... at all.

Putting on some grey sweatpants, a huge white shirt and her slides. She goes to leave the orphanage choosing to take a little walk but not before going to inform Ms Eden of her whereabouts who just smiled up at her as she continued talking into her phone at a fast pace.

"Please be back in thirty minutes." She pauses her call to inform her, "Your new roommate should be here by then."

Beyoncé just replies back with a curt nod as she turns swiftly on her heels to leave the front of the woman's office door.

Turning the door knob, she had finally walked out the cold confinement of the stuffy orphanage and into the cold weather.

The rains had been pouring heavier and heavier as of late and although Beyoncé wouldn't admit to liking it. She didn't complete hate it either.

As she threaded along the wet pavement, her slides made little squelching noises as it sometimes hit little puddles of water. But the noises in her head were just enough to overrun the sounds beneath her feet.

"Run!"

"No..."

"Beyoncé run!"