Chapter 11

It was Monday again and Onika had woken up with a bright smile on her face, she had felt like she and Beyoncé had finally made headway in their relationship over the weekend.

She made breakfast for everyone as usual and although the orphanage still had that awkward shift in the air from Cody being gone, she'd still try to keep the place as it used to be.

"Thanks.." Beyoncé mutters taking a bite of the toast Onika had brought up for her.

She wasn't in a very great mood this morning seeing as it was a Monday and she wasn't at all excited to go to school.

"You're welcome." Onika smiles putting on her shoes before going over to get her hair done and wait for Beyoncé.

"Have you eaten?" She hears Beyonce's voice sound from the bed besides hers letting her to release a little smile... Beyoncé being nice these past few days was making her feel all giddy inside.

"Yeah." Onika nods, Beyoncé mirroring her actions before going back to finishing up her food.

___

"Class!" Mrs Simpson smiles at the class something she rarely ever did, she was Onika's physics teacher and although Onika hadn't been at this school long, she knew wasn't very fond of the lady.

"We're gonna be doing a project today." She announces making everyone groan, including Robyn who had her head rested on the table where she was sitting besides Onika.

She was already having cramps and the information only seemed to make it worse.

"The person next to you will be your project partner. And do you know the best part of it all? I want all projects turned in first thing tomorrow morning." She had on a sadistic smile as everyone in the class started complaining at the short time.

"If you don't want to do it then that's fine but I'll have you know that this project will be worth half your grade."

"That's such a short time for a project worth half our grade!" Onika thinks but doesn't voice out her thoughts as she probably wouldn't even have been heard over the loud mummurs of the other students in the class.

Plus Onika barely talked when it came to anything pertaining to school, the only people she talked to being Beyoncé, Kelly, Robyn and Robyn's friends.

"I want a detailed explanation of the solar system and how it works, if you can make a little diagram then that'd be more rewarding for you... per my marking scheme."

After that the class went on with more dissatisfied remarks from the people in the class.

After a long over half and hour later, the class finally came to a finish and then Onika went to the next and the others after that with Beyoncé escorting.

By the time lunch break came around Onika was already ready for the end of the school day.

"How were you're classes?" Beyoncé asks during their lunch break. Kelly hadn't arrived yet and it was better for Beyoncé because then the girl would start instigating over a simple question.

Onika smiles, "You've been real nice these past couple of days, am I safe?"

Beyoncé just rolls her eyes, "I should stop?"

"No, I like you better this way." Onika giggles pinching her cheek making Beyoncé fake gag slapping her hand away from her face which leaves a pout on Onika's face.

It didn't last for long as Robyn soon walks up to the table, "Can we do the project at my place after school? I'm not feeling good enough to do it during school."

"Sure." Onika smiles making Robyn smile back, "cool." before walking off to her own table.

"sUrE. Did you even ask permission first?" Beyoncé asks rolling her eyes.

Onika gives Beyoncé a pointed look, "You're being mean again."

Beyoncé let's out a long slightly over exaggerated sigh, "Fine.. Sorry. But you gotta ask permission first anyways."

"I know I'm gonna ask."

____

"What'd you think? This or this?" Onika asks Beyoncé who was lazily scrolling on her phone, holding up two outfits.

Ms Eden had let her go as long as she was back on or before seven pm and it was currently a little past five.

"This." Beyoncé mumbles not even sparing Onika as simple as a glance.

"Beyoncé... You're not even looking!" Onika whines out but Beyoncé doesn't even reply.

"I knew you being nice was only a phase." Onika rolls her eyes getting ready to walk away.

"How do I put this in the nicest way possible Onika, you're going to do a project not a party. I really don't care."

"I'll go with the first one, it looks better on me." Onika mumbles to herself completely ignoring Beyoncé's words as she walks into their shared bathroom.

Beyoncé just sighs out looking up at the closed bathroom door, not exactly sure why Onika going to Robyn's house left this little numbing hurt in her chest.

She hadn't ever experienced it before and so the feeling was foreign to her...

"Maybe I'm having heartburn..."

____

Thoughts?

Beyoncé?

Onika?

Robyn?

Beyoncé and Onika's relationship?

Future predictions?

Vote, comment and folllllowww meeee!!!!+ ♡ ಥ⁠_⁠ಥ ♡

(⁠☞⁠ ⁠ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ⁠)⁠☞ @fiftyshadesofbey