Chapter 17

Onika had told Ms Eden that she and Beyoncé would be attending a friend's birthday party come Sunday and the woman had agreed for them to go.

As long as they came back on or before 5pm.

Sunday came by pretty quick and it was currently 11am.

Onika had already woken up bright and early and was dressed casually, but had to rush Beyoncé —who was still a little unsure about going to her house—to get dressed.

They left a little after 12pm, and had to take a bus since Onika's house wasn't that close by. Almost an hours drive actually.

Beyoncé just looked out the windows as they drove by the streets with a jittery Onika besides her who couldn't and wouldn't stop talking.

"You're gonna see my house for the first time!" She exclaims to Beyoncé who just nods nonchalantly, although she was a little curious to see it as well "And you're gonna see my room too.. wait did I clean it up before I left?" Onika says whispering the last part to herself although Beyoncé did hear it causing her to let out a little smile.

They stop at a bus stop. And Onika immediately holds on to Beyoncé's hands as they got down the bus and started walking.

"You know you're supposed to be walking on front of me right? I don't really know where we're going to." Beyoncé says to Onika who was walking by her side swinging their conjoined hands back and forth.

"It's not very far from here, maybe five to ten minutes. Don't worry I'll lead the way." Onika replies back still facing forward and still swinging their hands.

Beyoncé can't help but stare at her sun kissed skin and plump pink lips pulled up in a smile but quickly snaps herself out of it looking down at the pavement.

They continue to walk for awhile turning to different streets and cutting different corners until Beyoncé soon found herself in the classic white neighborhood.

The whole estate just screamed expensive! And Beyoncé couldn't help but awe at the sheer sizes of the buildings.

A minute later and Onika stops before a house which looked a little different from the rest of the houses on the street. It was a cream colored house with black colored roofing and was times two the sizes of every other house they'd passed by.

Beyoncé had to pick her jaw from the floor because.... damn! The house was fucking massive.

"This..? you..? Is this your house?!" Beyoncé asks Onika in complete astonishment.

I mean Onika did act a little expensive at times although the girl probably didn't notice it herself but really Beyoncé didn't expect this..

It was the biggest she'd ever seen, a complete contrast to her old childhood home that was just a two bedroom bungalow in a quiet neighborhood.

"Mhmm.." Onika nods looking towards the building with furrowed eyebrows. The place looked completely abandoned and that made her heart sink a little.

It made the fact that her parents were truly gone all the more real... she would never see them again.. ever.

"Let's go in shall we?" She asks trying to push the thought back. She wouldn't let it put her in a bad mood... at least not until tonight when the lights were off and she was wrapped up under her bedsheets.

Beyoncé follows her lead as they walk into the massive land passing by a beautiful looking mini garden before finally reaching the front door.

Onika kicks the front mat that read 'welcome' and just under it were the house keys.