Chapter 3

It was the next day now and Beyoncé was supposed to be helping Onika out at school seeing as it was going to be her first day.

Beyoncé wasn't too keen on doing all that but nevertheless she didn't have a choice so she just had to suck up her emotions and do it.

She woke up to Onika already bathed and dressed. A plate of pancakes sitting at the foot of her bed.

"Oh you're awake!" She smiles from her place on the little mattress combing through her hair. "I made you some pancakes, I don't know if you'll like them but if you don't it's okay as-"

Beyoncé just mumbles a small 'thanks' cutting off what would have been the girls obvious rambling. She then slowly gets off the bed stretching a little with a small yawn to accompany it.

Onika from her place on the mattress couldn't help but notice the way Beyoncé's sleep shirt had ridden up when she yawned her eyes glued to the little sliver of skin... She's really toned.. She thought in her head but didn't voice it out instead leaving the room to give Beyoncé some privacy to bath and get changed.

Almost thirty minutes later and both girls were finally ready to head to school, the highschool being only a ten minute walk from the orphanage.

"Your pancakes we're really good." Beyoncé mutters as they tread along on their way to school which only leaves Onika smiling a wide smile as she link their arms.

"Thank you."

"Why're you always smiling?" Beyoncé then asks again after a little while unhooking their arms from one another. Even Michelle hadn't smiled as much as Onika did.

"What's there not to smile about?" Onika replied back with her signature dimpled smile still on display "The question should be, why don't you smile?"

"I mean what's there to smile about?" She was a seventeen year old orphan who attended a shitty ass school with even shittier teachers, a failing student who didn't have any money for college funds and had to start getting her life in order otherwise this time the next year she would be legally homeless.

What was there to smile about really?

"I mean for one you're alive."

"I'd rather pass up on that."

"Hey! Don't wish death upon yourself!"

"Does it look like I enjoy living, really?"

"You should. There's so many things life has to offer. You just haven't experienced it yet."

"Your parents are dead." Beyoncé emotionlessly states "Why the hell are you still so optimistic?"

"My parents aren't dead."

"Yes they are." She knew that for a fact because she'd over heard Ms Eden talking about it with someone on the phone. Said something about her still being in the denial phase.

"No they're not. They're coming back for me."

"Whatever you say." Beyoncé shrugs as they slowly appear before the school building. And for the first time since she'd met her yesterday Onika actually had a little frown on her face.

Beyoncé was a senior and Onika a junior so they didn't have the same classes. She got a late pass so she could tour Onika around the school which wasn't anything special really. It wasn't that big either.

"Here's your first class of the day. I'll see you whenever." And then Beyoncé leaves her there to fend for herself for the rest of the school day.

The first classes weren't all that bad except the few students throwing paper balls at her with the words 'orphan' engraved in it.

I mean the story of her parents demise was a national case, everyone knew about it. Well everyone except Beyoncé and herself.. if you wanted to count in her denial to the situation around her.

She didn't pay much thought to them because as far as she was concerned they were all wrong.

She wasn't an orphan.

Her parents were coming back for her.. she was sure.

___

"Oh lookie what we have here, it's the poor orphan."

Onika doesn't reply back to the group of girls behind her as she rinsed her hands in the sink. They weren't talking to her cause she wasn't an orphan. She was just staying in the orphanage till her parents came to pick her up.

"You deaf or something?"

"I mean I won't be shocked if she is." Another voice snorted making the rest laugh.

Onika just smiles down at her hands satisfied with how clean they were. But as she turned around to leave out the restroom. The girls had slowly cornered her until her back was pressed up against the cold tile wall of the restroom.

"Uhh.. you're kind of in my way." Onika tries although a sweat was already forming on her neck. She couldn't do anything because she was outnumbered.

There were like five of them and then only one of her, the smell of trouble heavy in the air.

"Oh you speak, so why weren't you replying to us earlier?" One asks sweetly... very fake.

"I-I'm not an orphan."

"Oh but you are. Your parents are dead sweetie."

"They're not dead. They're coming back for me."

"Guys she's delulu as well, would you look at that." The rest laugh along to the leader as tears slowly welled up in Onika's eyes.

"Listen here. Your parents are dead. Died on a plane crash back to the US. None of their family members wanted you and so you winded up in an orphanage. How's that for grace to grass."

It was known that Onika was a popular politicians kid. Her father and mother had conceived her out of wed lock. Her father had a wife and kids before she was born but Onika was her father's only daughter and so he loved her dearly much to the dismay of her father's wife and children.

Her parents had died in a plane crash back to the US. They'd gone on a one week trip out the country- something Robert's wife had no idea about- and had died on their way back.

Onika's mother didn't have any siblings and her maternal grandparents were dead as well. Robert's family wanted nothing to do with her and so she had no one, meaning she had now belonged to the state seeing as she was still a minor.

She had a fortune tied to her name but would only receive it on her eighteenth birthday- if her father's wife would even let her see it.

"You don't know what you're saying!"

"Oh but I do." The girl chuckled menacingly holding on to her arm in a vice like grip the rest slowly inching closer to her just before the door was then swung open.

"Kelly I told you b-" The voice immediately cut themselves off as they look towards the five cheerleaders cornering someone up. Yet they couldn't see the persons face due to how short they were.

"Get outta here."

A single command from her and all the girls were scattering out the room like headless chickens.

"Onika?"

____

Thoughts?

Beyoncé?

Onika?

Vote, Comment and Share+♡