Chapter 13

They spent the whole of the next week ignoring one another. Beyoncé honestly felt bad about what she'd said but she wasn't exactly sure what to say to Onika.

Either way Onika didn't seem all too keen to talk to Beyoncé anyways.

She'd stopped bringing her breakfast in bed and had stopped every single form of communication with her and honestly the silence was eating Beyoncé alive.

Onika was avoiding her and as much as she didn't want to admit it. It hurt.. bad.

__

"Good morning.."

"..."

Beyoncé just sighs out, day 8 of trying officially crossed out.

It was Monday now and both girls were getting ready for school and as usual Onika was already up and dressed meanwhile Beyoncé had just woken up.

After dressing up Beyoncé had gone downstairs to have breakfast but had seen Onika already leaving out the front door.

Sighing a long heavy sigh she ignored the little rumble in her stomach at the sight of all the breakfast foods on the table, going to pick up an apple before running out the door behind Onika.

She definitely planned this! Beyoncé thought walking behind Onika. Cook all that food and she knows I'll follow behind her.

The longer they walked in solitude the more pathetic Beyoncé felt.. "Am I actually this pathetic?" She asks more to herself.

Usually Onika would be the one following behind her like a lost puppy but now the positions seemed to have changed except she wasn't just a lost puppy but a broken hearted one as well.

___

The school day dragged on and on and honestly Beyoncé just wanted to go home and write.

Write about things that bothered her, mainly Onika's outstretched silence.

It seemed everyone around them seemed to notice the shift in their relationship as well, as Ms Eden had tried making them talk to one another the night before by leaving them both on dish duty, although it wasn't neither of their turn to do it.

___

F.B

"Beyoncé and Onika you both are on dish duty, everyone else go upstairs and bath."

Maxine and Maxwell excitedly ran up the stairs as they'd luckily managed to escape doing it.

Everyone else went upstairs to do as told meanwhile Ms Eden shot Beyoncé a look that Beyoncé could only translate to Fix it!

Beyoncé just nodded following behind Onika who had already walked into the kitchen to start washing the plates.

Beyoncé just stands off to the side not really sure what to do, she could clearly see Onika didn't want her in the kitchen but she couldn't leave either.

"How can I uh.. help?"

There was no reply from the shorter girl and that only made Beyoncé feel really stupid.

She went to try and rinse the plates but the look Onika shot her made her back out.. quick.

Truly she'd never seen that look in Onika's eyes before and honestly it kinda scared her.

_____

Onika was usually bubbly and never one to get upset easily but now that she was Beyoncé wasn't exactly sure how to bring her from red back to green.