Chapter 2

She'd lost track of time and was now only going back to the orphanage almost ten minutes after Mrs Eden had instructed but honestly she wasn't rushing to get back there.

Beyoncé didn't want a roommate, she didn't want to see another lost soul being dragged away from all they knew to a place filled up with other broken people.

She didn't want to meet her, she didn't want to get to know her and she sure as hell didn't want to get attached.

She knew how new people always were when getting dropped off there. They'd cry all night and be hostile to almost everyone around them until the realization that this was their life now slowly dawned on them.

She didn't want to have to deal with any of the emotional feelings her roommate would more than definitely go through but she sure as hell would help her with the reality check.

"Beyoncé?! Where the heck were you, you had me worried there for a second!" The older woman spoke in exasperation the moment Beyoncé's feet touched the front steps.

"I lost track of time but I'm good, don't worry." She replied back almost monotonously like she always did. The woman just sighs back ushering her into the small living room.

"You're late but your roommates already upstairs, you can go get acquainted if you want."

Beyoncé just shrugs back going up the stairs to go meet her. Honestly, she didn't want to but then again she didn't need the girl messing up her space with her properties or touching any of her things.

Opening the small door frame covering the entrance of her room, she saw a short curly haired girl faced away from her but what really caught her attention was the fact that the girl was leaning over her bed inspecting the stuffed bear she kept lying in between her pillows.

She was about to reach for it but stopped mid action by the sound of a loud voice halting her, completely laced in hostility, "Don't touch it."

Beyoncé DID NOT like people touching her things and especially when it was one of her few prized possessions, her teddy being number three on her list.

She didn't necessarily cuddle it at night to fall asleep but the fact that this was one of the only few things she had of her parents left it really sentimental to her.

The girl slowly turns towards the door to face Beyoncé, her head tilting a little in a really adorable way— although Beyoncé would never admit that— with a gentle smile adorning her features.

"Hello!" She smiles brightly "My name is Onika but you can call me Nicki."

Beyoncé immediately noted the fact that firstly the girl looked way too excited for someone whose parents had probably just died.

Looking around in confusion she noticed the girl had just one backpack placed on the air mattress and nothing else, "You do know this is an orphanage, right?"

"If the signboard outside is anything to go by then yeah." She smiles again "Your name?"

"Beyoncé." She answers monotonously. "Follow me."

She then leads the girl over to the small dresser pointing out a little compartment where Nicki could keep her clothes.

The girl just nods going back over to the bed to retrieve her backpack before placing it inside.

"That's all your stuff?"

"Mhmm." Nicki nods.

"Okay then, I don't really care honestly. Just a few rules if you wanna stay in this room with me. Firstly, keep it clean—"

"I can do that." Nicki nods affirmative making Beyoncé side eye her for the interruption "Don't be all up in my personal space or side of the room. And the last but most certainly not least Don't. Touch. My. Shit."

"I can do all those."

"Good."

She definitely couldn't do all those because by the end of the day Beyoncé had already become officially pissed off with the ever optimistic creature.

First was when all the other kids had come back from school. Nicki had greeted them like she'd known them all her life.

Beyoncé felt she was way too nice for her own good and then she'd even tried dragging Beyoncé along with her for a game of charades with the other kids later that evening.

Second was her basically following Beyoncé around almost all the rest of the day. Beyoncé had slowly started to get seriously annoyed. Nicki didn't know she was getting on the girls nerves because she'd honestly only been following her around seeing as she was the only person she was truly comfortable with.

"Stop!"

"Hmm?" Nicki asks back in confusion. That was terribly loud.

They were currently standing at their doorway it being just after dinner time.

"Stop following me around damn!"

"I was just trying to get into the room." Nicki counters although her gaze doesn't meet Beyoncé's.

Beyoncé just rolls her eyes in reply stomping her way into the room before she dives into the blankets and covers herself up.

Onika hadn't even known the girl for eight hours but she had quite quickly come to the realization that they were both completely polar opposites.

She was the optimist and Beyoncé was the pessimist. She was water and Beyoncé was fire.

She wasn't exactly sure what might've happened to make Beyoncé so hostile and closed off but what she did know was that she was gonna befriend the girl even if it was the last thing she did.

____

Thoughts?

Beyoncé?

Onika?

Vote, Comment and Share+♡