Chapter 14

"Beyoncé?"

"Yes?" Beyoncé replies to Onika who was trying to put on her dress.

She was sitting at the study table whilst Onika was stood before her own bed trying but failing to zip up her dress.

"Can you help me with the zip?" She asks turning to Beyoncé with a pout on her face which the older wouldn't deny was one of the cutest things she'd ever seen.

"Sure." Beyoncé replies back as she goes to help Onika with her zip which was just caught in a thread.

Onika smiles a wide smile once Beyoncé had helped her with what she'd been struggling with for a minute now.

"Thank you!" She appreciates and before Beyoncé can reply back, she leans up sending a peck to the taller girls lips.

"Wha-?"

...

Beyoncé wakes up with a startle looking over to her side to see Onika still sound asleep.

"It was just a dream." She mutters to herself feeling a little flustered that she'd even dream something like that.

Sighing out as she flops back on the bed she can't help but stare at Onika's asleep side profile.

The moonlight coming in through the windows being the only source of light in the room.

Her jet black hair was wrapped up in her pink bonnet, leaving her face free from hairs blocking Beyoncé's view of her.

She had almond shaped eyes, a little crooked nose and pink plump kissable lips Beyoncé might've admonished herself from staring at on multiple occasions.

She's beautiful. Beyoncé couldn't help but think as sleep slowly blurred her vision once more.

____

Onika doesn't wake Beyoncé up the next morning and it leaves Beyoncé a little confused as she thought they'd made up already.

But she doesn't think too much about it when she sees a perfectly made breakfast on her bedside table with a little note attached to it.

You're still on probation. It read leaving Beyoncé to chuckle, Onika was really serious about the probation thing.

___

Over the next few days Beyoncé can't help but look at Onika in this new found adoration although she tries to mask it as best as she could.

She was obviously doing a not so good job as everyone around her seemed to notice it.. Onika included.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Onika asks looking at Beyoncé inquisitively.

She'd been doing that for quite awhile now and she just wanted to be sure the girl wasn't sleeping with her eyes open.

Blinking the embarrassing thoughts swimming in her head away, Beyoncé turns to look away from Onika. "I-I'm.. there..there was a bug .. yeah a bug. I was just thinking of ways to kill it. I wasn't staring at you."

Onika just hums not believing Beyoncé.. at all. I mean who would? With all that stuttering.

"I'm looking pretty today? Aren't I?" She asks checking herself out in her handheld mirror.

She was going on a girls only outing with Robyn and her friends and had tried inviting Beyoncé but the older girl declined feeling like she would be out of place amongst them plus she wasn't even in their grade anyways.

"Yeah you do." Beyoncé says avoiding eye contact with her for fear of being caught staring again.

Onika smiles big. Usually Beyoncé would reply sarcastically but ever since they'd made up the older had been giving her compliments one after the other.

It was a confidence booster really. She wasn't sure why but for some reason she valued Beyoncé's opinion over everyone else's.

If someone else told her she was pretty she'd smile but still have a little self doubt but the moment Beyoncé told her she was pretty then she was certain that she actually was.

Beyoncé felt much different about Onika now more than ever. She was beginning to see her in a much different light than she ever had and that alone scared her immensely.

She was scared of letting someone in emotionally for fear of being let down or have that person taken away from her.

Onika on the other hand was liking Beyoncé's new personality way more than she felt she should've.

I mean she'd always liked Beyoncé a little more than a friend ever since they'd met even with Beyoncé being an asshole but now it was even more different.

Her feelings ran deep.

And that was why any hurtful comment from Beyoncé hurt her way more than it should've, Beyoncé's opinions mattered over everyone else's and she did a lot of things to please the older.

Even though she didn't have to.

Everything about her pleased Beyoncé.

____

I like this one, what do y'all think?

Beyoncé?

Onika?

Their relationship?

Future predictions?

Vote, Comment, Share and Follow+♡

(⁠っ⁠˘⁠з⁠(⁠˘⁠⌣⁠˘⁠ ⁠)